We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poipu Sands vs Regency Poipu Kai?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Poipu Sands vs Regency Poipu Kai?

I need to make a quick decision and I have not been to Kauai before. We are looking at 2 bedroom n/C, ground level, distant ocean view, well appointed unit at Poipu Sands vs a 2 level 3 bedroom a/c well appointed unit at the Regency.

We are a family with kids, we like the ground level option for the kids and the pool at the Sands looks better, and easier to walk to places. However the Regency has the space we need, the unit will have some road noise also but I'm not sure how bad. It is facing the side rd. not the hwy. WE love to relax and eat on the lanai and feel like we are in Hawaii. We are going in the month of March, suggestions please. Price, the sands is $140 more total.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Poipu Sands vs Regency Poipu Kai?

We have stayed in Poipu Sands 314 and love that unit. It is on the greenbelt and the lanai is beautiful. I do not like the Regency because it is too much like apartment living. The only annoyance with Poipu Sands is that the Point at Poipu has a parking lot right by the ocean so you can see that from the unit off at a distance. The pool is very quiet at Poipu Sands and is lovely and much more nicely situated than at Kahala.. You can also walk over to the Hyatt; the beach towels at Poipu Sands 314 are the same color as those at the Hyatt.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Poipu Sands vs Regency Poipu Kai?

Aichen, could you tell me if the bathrooms have been updated as there are no pictures showing them? Was the unit clean?Lastly I know there is no A/C, was this ever an issue?

Glad to hear from someone that has stayed at the unit. Same towels as the Hyatt, that's interesting...

California
Level Contributor
39,739 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Poipu Sands vs Regency Poipu Kai?

Oh boy... Now we are going the route of don't crash a hotel pool. That is just tacky.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Poipu Sands vs Regency Poipu Kai?

don't worry wouldn't do that, to many of us.. plus they usually where wrist bands.

15. Re: Poipu Sands vs Regency Poipu Kai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 18, 2014