We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch with the Girls

Victoria
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch with the Girls

My husband and I will be going to Kauai in February. We will be with 3 other couples. The guys are planing a fishing trip for one of our days there. So us girls need somethings to do on our own. I thought about going to one of the gardens on the south side of the island and then having a long lunch at a restaurant with a nice view. Any suggestions on where to go? Some of the girls really like sushi, so that would be a bonus. A place with really good drinks would also be nice.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
581 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch with the Girls

The Beach House Restaurant is open for lunch now and has excellent food and drinks. Allerton Gardens is very near it.

Victoria
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch with the Girls

I was looking at that restaurant. Also, that was the garden I was planning on touring. I also thought about going to glass beach and trying to find some beach glass that we all could have made into jewelry. Anyone know of a local crafts person that may be able to do this for us, We of course would pay them to make it and ship it to us back in the states. After all, if the guys are going on an eight hour private fishing tour, we might as well spend a little on ourselves. Right?

Edited: 10:14 am, November 12, 2013
3. Re: Lunch with the Girls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:21 am, November 12, 2013
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,831 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch with the Girls

I would not bother with glass beach. It's out of your way (Port Allen) and the last time we went, the pieces were very small. The only reason we checked it out was I was there picking up my husband from work. There are some great jewelry stores that carry pieces from local artists if that's what you are looking for.

Victoria
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch with the Girls

Maybe that's what we should do. Just buy some jewelry made out of beach glass. I was thinking we could just spend the time after lunch on Poipu Beach, since we would be right there. We could then stop at a shop on our way back up to our rental in Anahola. Got any good suggestions on places that carry locally made jewelry?

California
Level Contributor
37,615 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch with the Girls

Beach House is the perfect place to have lunch with the girls but if the girls want sushi then you would need to choose Dolphin. Call them, though, to see if they do sushi in the afternoon. I've had lunch there and didn't see anyone eating sushi that I know they serve at dinner. That shopping center where this is located is a fun center to walk around and shop.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,831 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch with the Girls

There's a jewelry store in the Poipu Shopping center that has a lot of unique local pieces called Xan - your husbands are not going to be happy! :). It's just down the street from The Beach House. A lot of other nice shops and art galleries as well.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch with the Girls

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Your best bet for finding crafters who use local beach glass made into jewelry is to go to one of the crafts fairs we have here periodically.

I can't say what will be happening when you are here because that is a few months away, but look for crafts fairs.....bangles using local shells and beach glass are really popular here now....we aren't talking high end, fancy jewelry, but bangles that cost about $7.00 each that ladies and girls wear layered on their arms. I have quite a few of them myself.

There are some crafters that specialize in nothing but using local beach glass for their jewelry. I have a business card somewhere for one of them that we had at our crafts fair (hula show) last year, I'll see if I can locate it for you.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch with the Girls

How about a day at Anara Spa?

Victoria
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch with the Girls

None of us live by the ocean and we figured we can get a spa treatment anywhere, so we are opting for something we can't do here in the middle of the mainland. Thanks for the suggestion though.