We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Pohaku?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
206 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hale Pohaku?

Any recent reviews? Looking for a big group gathering spot for next year. Looks like a lot of the negative reviews are quite dated. Thanks!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,831 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hale Pohaku?

Is this the place?

http://www.vacationrental-kauai.com/

It's in a good location near Brennecke's Beach and Poipu Beach Park. It's also a very quiet road. I remember seeing those negative reviews as well. Maybe you ask the owner/manager for more recent reviews?

Edited: 2:47 pm, October 24, 2013
Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale Pohaku?

I can't give you a recent review, hopefully someone else can provide that. My experience was from 2000 and again in 2003. As a large group we loved the place. Having one large house where we could cook big meals and have a place we could congregate and 3 other cottages was great. Being able to have the whole yard to ourselves to gather was great. The pool was nice (not heated) but still great.

We actually got married there in the gardens in 2000. It was amazingly beautiful to get married right there in the gardens with all our family around. We went back in 2003 for an anniversary with a bunch of little kids and it was a great place as we could put kids to bed and still hang out in the big house or in the gardens.

Location was great, super quick walk to beach, both kids beach and boogie boarding beach, restaurants and nearby shopping. Would stay again in March if it was available for my stay. Seems to be all booked up though so are booking just down the road.

3. Re: Hale Pohaku?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 04, 2014