We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

tacoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

Looking for accommodations Christmas 2014 - would like as much luxury as I can get for 300.00 night - only need a one bedroom but am finding that most condos in Poipu are 2 bedroom. Although I like the flexibility of a condo I'm not going to be cooking dinner :-) Would like to be in walking distance to restaurants and bars (not necessarily overpriced resorts). Beachfront is preferred although not necessary if there are good pools. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,275 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

I'm not seeing any one bedrooms at KL. We toured the complex a couple of years ago and they only showed us 2 and 3 bedroom units. Your link is not working for me.

California
Level Contributor
35,295 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

Well I also see them on Expedia. It says they have 1 bedroom condos. Just because they didn't show them to you doesn't mean there aren't any. They showed us a 2 bedroom too, because that is their model.

Edited: 4:17 pm, September 08, 2013
Canada
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

Koloa Landing will rent out a 2BR unit with one BR "Locked off" as a 1BR. However it is only during certain time periods when they will do this (low/shoulder season).......not Christmas or February for instance when they can easily sell the 2 BR units.

The property was indeed built with 2, 3 and 4 BR penthouse units......but as mentioned the ability to lock off a few 2Bedrooms.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

From wyndham.com/hotels/…hotel-overview

"The ultimate in island accommodations, each of the 85 well-appointed one-, two-, three-, and four- bedroom villas includes generous interiors and expansive lanais."

So there are 1 BR - the question remains how you would book it (none showed up for my search but it was fairly close in).

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

Wanderlust - so is the 1BR lock-off a hotel room or is it the full kitchen condo?

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

OP - check out the Villas at Poipu Kai http://www.villasatpoipukai.com/ They have 1 BR and I think they look beautiful. A bit of a stroll to the beach but at $269/nt, right in your price range.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

Wanderlust, thanks for the explanation. That makes complete sense..

On this unit ranking thing..... it's all relative to the development. A "premier" unit in one complex might be rated as average in another place. A lot of times those rankings make no sense to me. I've seen "premier' rated units that paled next to the next step down, and vice versa. Take a long hard look at the photos to see if the unit meets your description of upscale.

Edited: 5:13 pm, September 08, 2013
tacoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

thanks so much for the suggestions - these will definitely work

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

Kuhio Shores has some very beautifully up-graded units - be sure you get up-graded though! Gorgeous location on the ocean..not too far from Kuku'iula Shopping Centre...small beach and snorkelling right there.

Kiahuna Plantation is a very good bet for what you want. Planning a year ahead, you should definitely be able to get a good unit in your price range.

20. Re: Best Accomodations -luxury & easy access to restaurant/bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 12, 2014