We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

Hello friends! I am hoping I could get some help with planning our Kauai vacation. We are going to be staying in Poipu and I would like to get some sort of must do's, must see's while we are there. Does anyone have suggestions for places to go and see while we are on the island. Since we only have a week, I know it's going to be jammed packed, but just don't know locations of attractions to try and organize a bit better. We want to see the NaPali Coast, Waimea Canyon, Some of the Waterfalls, A Luau.....HELP PLEASE!!!

Salem, OR
Level Contributor
42 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

I would definitely purchase the book BEFORE you go - an EXCELLENT source of information (I have all of these island books except for Oahu) and take them with me each time I go over to one of the islands. I have seen the book in most book stores in the travel section...Aloha!

Cartwright
Level Contributor
7 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

Go to Salt Beach and relax and read a book, drink a beer and enjoy life! Your trip will go by so fast, don't spend it all in the car going to places to see things! Kick back and enjoy the moment. If you have time, get the famous 'Blue Book' Kauai revealed and see how to get to the Wainiha Beach Park, or go to Tunnels Beach and snorkel or, again, just relax.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
21,424 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

I usually use my local library for travel books research. Most large libraries carry all the popular titles. Then you can buy the one you want... or just check out same one if available!

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

I am going to Kauai for a week during the first week of Feb and this is what I plan to do (without getting into too many details). I will be staying in Princeville and let's hope it doesn't rain too much.

Day 1 - Arrive and chill at the hotel.

Day 2 - Waimea Canyon and Kok'ee State Park.

Day 3 - Kalalau trail (camp overnight) - You need a permit for this.

Day 4 - Return from the Kalalu trail and a massage.

Day 5 - Kayak the Wailua river and visit Poipu beach

Day 6 - Explore Kilauea and Hanalei. I would also like to squeeze in some snorkelling at Turtle beach.

Day 7 - Visit the Hindu monastery and then flying out to Oahu (I will be at Waikiki for an additional day before I fly out).

I would like to squeeze in a luau somewhere but I have no clue where to fit it in.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your trip

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,068 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

Day 6 - Turtle beach? Do you mean Tunnels? You're unlikely to be able to snorkel there in Feb due to winter surf conditions. Best snorkeling will be at Lawai on the south shore.

Kilauea and Hanalei won't take all that long to explore even if you include Kilauea light.

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

Yes, I meant Tunnels beach. Thanks for the correction.

I did not know about the winter surf there. Thanks for the heads up. Let me check out Lawai beach and see if it fits in. Maybe I can squeeze snorkelling at Lawai and then the sunset at Polihale Beach into one afternoon ?

17. Re: 7 Day Itinerary for Kauai...help please!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 23, 2014