We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

San Diego...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

I have a family with 2 teenagers and am wonderinig about Poipu locations? These 2 look like the best. We will be staying a week. Open to any suggestions or recommendations!

Aloha!

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

It really doesn't matter. The condo we rent was once managed by Outrigger and is now managed by Castle. Have had excellent service from both. The owner of the condo, however, prefers Castle since he was the one who switched companies.

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

http://www.kiahunacondos.com/ Check out the two bedroom here. We've rented the one bdrm from this owner.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,786 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

Same location, two different management companies.

California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

Kiahuna plantation is great, I always go with Outrigger

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

When looking for a place at Kiahuna look for an updated unit and a location you'll be comfortable with...ocean view, garden view...the management company isn't really important. Kiahuna is a great place to stay.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

The specific unit matters a whole lot more than which management company mangages the condo. Personally, I'd rather rent directly through the owner and get the specific unit you want. Otherwise all you can request is a certain class (beachfront, ocean view, etc.) of condo and they just give you the one they choose out of all the available units.

Just stayed there in June by booking with the owner, His condo was managed by Castle and they were very good to deal with.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
486 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

I think Napa knew the specific intricacies of each management companies and I recall one being better then the other, but I do not remember why.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

I've stayed with both management companies but in the same unit because the owner switched from Outrigger to Castle. Outrigger did seem to have more Aloha imo, but Castle was just fine.

Many owners have switched to Castle because Outrigger started charging the owners a nightly fee if they rented their unit out themselves. This is according to an owner we've rented from 3 times.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
135 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

FYI , Kiahuna Plantation was wonderful but NOT air conditioned. Also the pool at Kiahuna Plantation is across the street but walkable but not at you fingertips. The nice thing is it is ON THE BEACH and they have chiars and snorkel available.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation or Castle Kiahuna?

I am a former owner at Kiahuna and I've returned as a rental guest.

IMO -- Outrigger outshines Castle for Customer Service, maintenance and housekeeping. Everything about Outrigger is a bit more professional.

Last year I made a comment similar to that above and got a very nasty PM from Castle's general manager, basically stating that I didn't have a right to give my opinion favoring Outrigger. He has now guaranteed that I will never recommend Castle to anyone.