We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

Double-check your United Airlines reservations each week as you prepare for your trip!

I got our tickets to Kauai/Maui a couple of months ago, have been checking them weekly, and last week they disappeared from the United online system.

After more than three hours on the phone in two separate phone calls, I got them reinstated with a different outbound flight schedule to Kauai. The United rep. said that over 14,000 reservations disappeared. I think it was because they changed a fight number and routing that we'd been reserved on, the computer didn't know how to rebook it, so it tossed it out.

The merger pains with United/Continental continue, they are constantly changing flight numbers, routings and schedules, so stay on top of your reservations weekly. The United supervisor said this is a very good idea, especially now.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

We flew from Hartord to Lihue, then to Maui and return to Hartford in May of this year. I booked through Cheaptickets.com for United flights. There were multiple flight changes including times, planes and flight numbers during the months leading up to the flight. The first couple of changes we were notified by cheaptickets by email. After that, we were not notified at all. I had to do the legwork to find the changes. They even cancelled all of our reserved seats! The cheap tickets reservation did not match the United information even on flight day! It's a good thing I monitored the United web site instead of the cheaptickets web site!

As far as mergers go, the United / Continental merger seems to have been a poorly coordinated one!

Westernmass

Lakelady2451
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

This past May, we flew AA out of Tampa through DTW to HNL .. Just as I read here, there were some problems but nothing that hindered our trip. Right now I'm thanking my lucky stars for that since I did not check until the last night or two for our flights. How silly, no stupid, of me not to ck. I think I got so busy arranging everything else that I let that go. I agree that it does not matter with whom you fly we all need to keep on top of them. I will the next time. ; )

Denver
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

I'm confused. What is the "pay extra to sit together" gig? When I made my reservations and purchased my tickets I picked my seats. Thats what I paid for, that is what I expect to happen. Do I have wrong information?

And... I'm glad I saw this post! Thanks! I was not aware that you should check reservations weekly before flight time. I figured once it was done it was done (I know, stupidly relying on people to do THEIR jobs - my bad). Glad I did, our flight times changed. Thanks for the warnings.

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

Each day folks are finding problems with their air reservations; please be sure to check yours weekly.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

nwmshp; I think this is one of the sources for the concern about extra charges for families to sit together:

foxnews.com/travel/…

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,442 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

We have reservations with Alaska Air for September for ANC-SEA....then SEA-OGG. I check frequently and it was changed to give us less than an hour to connect in Seattle. I confirmed the change online but didn't feel comfortable with so little time between connections. I called AK AIR and within minutes I had my old flight back with MVP seats! Seems that in our situation the flight number for our original flight had changed and the computer simply gave us a new flight, even though our previous flight still existed.....just with a new number.

I explained to the awesome gal at AK AIR that if we missed our flight and I landed in Hawaii even one hour later than I expected, I would find it difficult to remain reasonable. She immediately said she knew exactly how I felt, fixed the problem and gave us better seats for free. I didn't realize until I hung up the phone she had done that cause I was just so happy to have my two hour connection back. We fly cheap seats only so that is a cool luxury.

Sometimes I get annoyed that Alaska Airlines is our only decent choice for flights to anywhere Hawaii and there aren't enough non-stop choices year round....many are just "seasonal". Then I read multiple threads concerning other airlines, and realize I am fortunate that the airline we have is so much more customer service oriented than others! Deb

P.S. They just began a seasonal non-stop to Kona......hoping Kauai is next!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

They're not specifically saying that families that want to sit together have to pay extra. What some airlines are charging extra for is windows and aisle seats. By extension this could mean that a family that doesn't want to pay extra for window or aisle seats COULD very well end up sitting seperately. The ruling isn't specifically aimed at breaking up families from what I've read. I don't think any airline would be stupid enough to target just families. They're targeting those prized aisle and window seats.

I always pick aisle or window seats and I don't recall ever being charged extra for them. I don't think this practice is that well spread and hopefully it won't become the norm for all airlines.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

for nwmshp - ........I'm confused. What is the "pay extra to sit together" gig? When I made my reservations and purchased my tickets I picked my seats. Thats what I paid for, that is what I expect to happen. Do I have wrong information?......

We too paid for reserved seats together. When we got to the ticket counter she said "you paid for A seat, not a particular seat. What if the airplane had been changed--then you can't possibly get the same seat. It happens all the time." We were very surprised, but what could we do at that point? Some people were VERY vocal in their displeasure to the flight attendants, but of course by then it was too late. The total lack of planning had already made the plane late. If the Flight Attendants tried to get people together with their families, we'd still be sitting on the tarmac!

Maryland
Level Contributor
395 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

I book with United miles and they always bump my schedule from one stop to 2 stops. This time when i entered my confirmation #, then name at the kiosk, their system could not find me. I had to have the attendant find my reservation and check me in. Talk about a lump in the throat feeling when your reservation cannot be found and you are using the information United gave YOU. On top of that now United makes you pay for the seats further to the front that have extra space. Even if they do not sell those seats and they are empty, they dont want you sitting in them. Same seats that you did not have to pay extra for before. I am sure all airlines do this too now. I am in the process of getting another rewards credit card. I think I will start a thread on what others use. The thing is when the airfare is low, it's better to have a cashback card. But when it's 1K per person, it's better to have the miles. Same with the car, my miles pay for the rental car as well. But i just dont like United's flight schedule or the million things they make you pay extra for.

20. Re: Heads Up re United Airlines reservations and glitch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 23, 2013