We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween in Poipo

Santa Cruz, Ca.
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Halloween in Poipo

Hello All,

Anyone know if there are any Halloween festivities going on in Poipo this year?

I know it's a little early but need to know if I should put a simple costume together for our visit.

Thanks!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Aloha from Kaua'i!

There might be someplace here in the Po'ipu area that has a costume competition (Kukui'ula?) - but other than that, the Koloa Cavalry Church usually has events for children - it is located on the Ala Kinoiki Bypass (aka Koloa By-Pass).

Once it gets closer to October, everyone will have a better idea - I can't definitely say anything is going on right now.

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
37,601 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween in Poipo

If you are thinking of something like Maui does, then no!!! On Maui they go nuts and I for one have the pictures to prove it and I will be there again this Halloween. It is a no big event day on Kauai.

Santa Cruz, Ca.
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Thanks for the info.

@ Jebett - I've heard that Maui goes off. If we were going to Maui we would participate. Makes for some great people watching too.

@Janet - I'll check back when we we get a little closer to our trip to see if any adult things are going on. We enjoy the spirit of Halloween. We figured if there was a local place that was doing something to celebrate we would join in.

Cheers!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Oh, I thought you were meaning family activities!

There is a bar in Lihu'e called "Rob's" on Rice Street - local kinda place -they usually have a costume contest - it is possible some of the bars around here might do this as well - but no idea at this point I'm afraid. Probably won't know until October!

Malama Pono,

Janet

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Maybe Kalapaki Joes in Poipu would have something? Also Tortilla Republic seems to be trying to bring some nightlife to to the south shore. They might have something too.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Are you all adults.......do you want to party, and dance ?

Actually halloween is not the big deal here on Kauai that it is on the mainland.

You will see very few costumes, and the only place for adult entertainment later, that I am aware of, is Robs....a pretty much local hang.

We do not get dressed up for halloween at all since moving to Kauai, most folks just do not much care.

Mainland, different stories, costumes, contests, cocktails, dancing, private parties, bars and restauants, etc. Some times we would sail over to Avalon for their really fun all costume party

denny

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,346 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Last year there was a Boo Ball

https:/…Kauai__BOO__Ball.php

Kaua‘i Mini Golf let you play the 18 hole course for free if you showed up in costume on Halloween eve.

Keep an eye on http://www.kauaifestivals.com/ and the newspaper:

http://thegardenisland.com/

Santa Cruz, Ca.
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Yes, we are all adults. We are not looking for a big blow out party....if that was the case we would have gone to Maui :) We just thought if there was a little something going we would join in.

Thanks everyone!

San Diego
Level Contributor
3 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Thanks, everyone. We're adults who are going to be in Poipu over Halloween, and I was hoping there might be a costume contest or some kind of festivities (not looking for a drunken blow-out). If anyone hears of anything happening for Halloween, please post. Mahalo!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Halloween in Poipo

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I haven't heard of anything yet - but again, probably won't be anything in the papers about it until sometime next month.

Malama Pono,

Janet