We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for groceries in the Poipu area

Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Best place for groceries in the Poipu area

We are finishing up a week in Princeville and have found the Food Land market very reasonable (as opposed to the Safeway in Kapaa which was ridiculously overpriced). Is there a Food Land equivalent in the Poipu area?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best place for groceries in the Poipu area

Aloha from Kaua'i!

That is right! Living Foods does have bread, although I didn't know they made it in house.....

I remember when they very first opened, being a Paris aholic (sp?)...I was thinking OMG....fresh baguettes! I went in there and found something not close to resembling a baguette, it was short, hard and had almost no soft center to it. I guess it was their version of a baguette and it was super expensive....so there went that hope!

Of course that was back when they first opened and while I've eaten lunch there 2-3 times since, I don't pay much attention to the (IMO) overpriced stuff inside.

I'm actually meeting some visitors there for lunch this week (to discuss...Paris!)......I'll see if their baguettes are any better than they used to be!

"gottalovemaui"....mahalo for saying "howzit" to me at the Museum....I do remember you! Always so nice to see TA folks...sometimes I have them on my tours!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Door County WI
Level Contributor
275 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best place for groceries in the Poipu area

Thanks for all the advice and for checking out the baguette (Koloagirl). I am more interested in a bakery for bread items and less on the pastery. If I wanted to buy chairs to sit on at the beach, where would you suggest I go?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Best place for groceries in the Poipu area

Aloha from Kaua'i!

If the place you are renting from does not already have them.....then I'd suggest KMart or WalMart....also Costco does have some as well.....

When you are through with them....please consider donating them to the Kauai Humane Society Thrift Store in Lihu'e.....a very worthwhile place to donate to...and many visitors go there to buy things such as this as well.....so maybe check them out as well before you buy some new ones at any of the above places....they'll be super inexpensive!

Malama Pono,

Janet

24. Re: Best place for groceries in the Poipu area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 14, 2014