We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

Colorado
3 posts
Save Topic
Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

Hi, I have a one year old and was thinking about bringing her with us on the helicopter tour. She would be a free lap child. Has anyone done this or been up with someone with a child on their lap? I am just curious how this would be. Is it really loud? Scary? Safe? Thanks for any feedback.

LA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

Thank you for sharing your experience, ALRHA. I did a similar helicopter tour when I was on my honeymoon and would definitely have considered taking my 2-year-old if he had been around then. Different people have different comfort levels with this sort of thing, but I think it's great that you have an adventurous spirit that I'm sure you'll pass down to your sons. You're also obviously very respectful to those with a different opinion--I'm sure your sons will pick up on that too. :) It's good to know that the tour companies are okay with small children and that they accommodated you, and it sounds like everything went great! Thanks again, and happy travels!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

This may be an old post, but it's great that it's being kept alive (rather than locked for inactivity) for those with the same question or those with concerns. It represents both opinions well.

The Colony, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

You're right Denny - it did help me ! I no longer have toddlers - therefore learning about the helicopters allowing them on flights - I now totally opt for Wings Over Kauai !!!!

We have done both in the past - Since there will be 4 of us and Bruce got a larger plane last year - I'm bringing my well informed self to the family meeting on which tour to take !!!! WOK !

New York City
Level Contributor
302 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

thanks lissa. there are always going to be varying views on most topics. The great thing about TA is that you can see various views and why they feel the way they do to make the most informed decision for your own needs. I am always respectful of everyone's views as most everybody posting on here is doing so simply for the benefit of unknown others. Thanks all. It's nice to see how many people are still benefitting from this thread.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

Thanks for the update. I was looking for a detailed description for such thing for our trip in a month and we travel with a 3.5 year old. We cannot leave him behind with a strange nanny, he will just cry himself to desperation for the entire time, so if we want to take the ride, we must do it together! Good to know all the details. Thanks again! Cheers.

Kuwait
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

Actually my kid, despite having hearing problems, hence lacked speech at age of two, recalled the places he visited two years later.

Kuwait
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

My reply was to @milwkid9090

Kuwait
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

@scorchestra definition of toddler is "

A young child who is just beginning to walk." ask google. It doesn't matter what you think it means. The OP is simply asking people who tried it, so she is thinking, but needs more info. No need to be so rude.

What would a one year baby do? Look at the view and enjoy it. They can do it you know

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

Thank you....this was a great post and very helpful. We are going to Maui in August (2013) and we were wondering how our 2.5 year old grandson would do on this tour. Our two kids are going with also....so we will most likely be the only ones in the the helicopter.

I know that this is an older post, but I truly hope that you didn't take any of those horrible, unproductive comments to heart. Thanks again, for a very informative post, that was written in a courteous manner.

Montreal, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Toddler on Helicopter Tour?

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell your experience, you have answer all my question and now I can take a decision with information and facts. We are booking our flight (with 1.5 y old) now!! :)