We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Brunch ideas

chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Brunch ideas

I know this might seem a bit early, but does anyone have any ideas about where to go for Brunch on Christmas. We are staying in the Poipu area.

Mahalo

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,027 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

Not early at all. Less than nine weeks to go! LOL

So brunch on Christmas day.. I can imagine that the Hyatt and Sheraton would be serving a very expensive Christmas Day Brunch. We never really go out to brunch, but I will monitor this thread since we will also be on the island during this time.

If Joe's on the Green is open on Christmas Day, I would pick its macadamia nut/ (Parrish - kidding!) banana pancakes overlooking the golf course over any hotel brunch.

California
Level Contributor
37,031 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

<<

If Joe's on the Green is open on Christmas Day, I would pick its macadamia nut/ (Parrish - kidding!) banana pancakes overlooking the golf course over any hotel brunch.>>

Am I missing something??????

Also look into Gaylords, Marriott Lihue and Princeville St Regis if you want to get out of Poipu.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,027 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

<<Am I missing something??????>>

Seems like it.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

The Hyatt has a nice Breakfast buffet daily for $28, but I'm sure they would have carving stations in addition to their omelettes, waffle station and dozens of other food items on Christmas.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

Maybe you would like to take a drive to the North Shore - Looks like the Westin has one:

westinprinceville.com/resources/pdf/Menu_Chr…

What a beautiful time to be on the island! We have 116 days more - which will put us there in Feb. Have a HAPPY Holiday!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,466 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

The Grand Hyatt will be the nicest, albeit the most expensive as well.

The Sheraton might be your only other choice. Christmas falls on a Friday so I am not sure if other restaurants will be doing "brunches".

I would think Keoki's, Joe's on the Green, Merriman's Downstairs and Tomkats Grille might be open regular hours, but probably not brunch style.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,887 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The Ilima Terrace at the Grand Hyatt Kaua'i always does a really nice Christmas buffet - we've gone several times (I don't cook!!) - and while it is pricey ($$) - it is really great. It has been a couple of years since I've gone, but it seems to me it is right around $65.00 - give or take a couple $$.

Also Shells Restaurant at the Sheraton Kaua'i also does a similar Christmas buffet - personally the view at Shells is so much more fabulous than the Hyatt, and I've always found the food just about on a par, albeit maybe a little less frou frou (I love the pastry and sushi station at the Hyatt!). Their price is usually about $10 less than the Hyatt.

Those are the 2 places here in the Po'ipu area that normally have buffets on Christmas - of course now there is the new Ko'a Kea hotel and their Red Salt Restaurant - since they've only been open a few months, don't know what their plans are for Christmas - buffet or otherwise. I'm sure they will be offering something though.

Restaurants will all be open and while they probably won't be offering a buffet, Plantation Gardens, Keoki's Paradise, Brennecke's Beach Broiler, Roy's, Merriman's, and the Beach House are all other options - by December the new Jean Marie Josselin restaurant at Kukui'ula Shopping Village should be open as well.

Tons of choices in this area - no need to go far afield unless you want to!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,366 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

Janet, is the buffet you are talking about that you attend, for breakfast or for dinner at $65.00?

My friend went to a holiday meal there one year and it was held in the ballroom, so they could accommodate more people.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,887 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Usually the Hyatt has a Christmas dinner buffet - that is what I am familiar with for the price mentioned - and yes, sometimes if they get an "overflow" of reservations, they do have it sometimes in one of the ballrooms in addition to using Ilima Terrace - but given our occupancy rates, I don't see that happening this year!

I don't believe they have an actual Christmas "brunch", but I'm sure they offer something in the early hours as well - but their big event is usually the Christmas dinner - usually starts around 3pm if my memory serves me right.

Malama Pono,

Janet

chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Brunch ideas

Thanks everyone! We are very excited to see Kauai. (our first time there) We have spent Christmas in Maui before and loved that too. Nice change from Chicago weather.