We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

California
Level Contributor
39,770 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
"SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

I got this information off a forum I subscribe to.

<<Several stores and restaurants will be opening in Poipu on Friday, August 21, 2009 at the long awaited Kukui'ula Village. These will be the first wave of many retailers to be opening in this beautiful new venue. Bubbas will lead the way with the opening of their 3rd restaurant on the Garden Isle, possibly as early as August 18th. Following a Traditional Hawaiian Blessing on the morning of the 21st (Hawaii's Statehood Day), Bungalow 9, Galerie 103, The Annex, Dude Dogs, Palm Palm, Scott Hanft Photography and James Hoyle Gallery will open their doors to the public. Please come and show your support and share in the aloha!!!

The next big wave of celebrated openings are anticipated September 30, 2009, when Peter Merriman's Restaurant and Peter Merriman's Market Cafe will open, along with Lappert's Ice Cream, Sunglass Hut, Quicksilver, and Brasil Bazar.

Before the holidays... Tortilla Republic and Margarita Bar, "Rustic" Jean Marie's new French Inspired Tapas Restaurant and Living Foods Market & Panini Cafe (gourmet grocer) will join in the festivities. Keep posted for additional retailers, medical offices, fitness providers and and businesses yet to be announced.>>

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,985 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

Aloha from Kaua'i!

That makes sense - when Dougie drove me to the Hyatt last night to narrate (I haven't been out of the house for like a week since my surgery!!), I noticed that there was an actual permanent "sign" on the building for "Bubba's" and lots of other activity as well.

Our feeling is that with 1,500 runners plus their families here in the Poi'ipu area over Labor Day weekend - they were going to try to open up as many places as possible by that time.

Sounds about right!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,985 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Jeez Janet, lay off the pain meds - make that "Po'ipu" please - yikes!!

Malama Pono,

Janet

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

if that's your worst typo, you can have another Vicodin. You'll heal faster if you're not in pain. That's my theory anyway.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,985 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Mahalo "Dave820" - but they're Percocet! I can blame any bad behavior or weird typos in the last week on them!!

I agree - they give you pain meds for a reason - not to be in pain!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

The Tortilla Republic and Margarita Bar sounds interesting.

As does the Living Foods Market.

We were hoping for Tommy Bahamas store and restaurant, with the upbeat tropical atmosphere to also join in, but apparently they changed their plans.

Plus new art type galleries.

I think we will go by once it is all totally finished, and running smoothly.

Bubba Burger fans, will not have to wait, however, they will be leading the parade !

Denny

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,605 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

Peter Merriman's on the Big Island is fantastic. It will be a great addition to the restaurant scene on Kauai.

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: "SOFT" opening of Kukui'ula Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2010