We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest condo to swimming beach

ek
San Carlos, Ca.
Level Contributor
873 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Closest condo to swimming beach

What are the closest condo's to a swimming area? Which ones have a pool. What do you think of the

Poipu Kai

Poipu Regency

Poipu Kapili

Sheraton

thanks

ek

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

EK

POIPU KAI: the manualoha section is a short walk down to poipu beach, and they have a pool that overlooks brenneckes beach and poipu beach park.

Semi private for that section, you will have your own key.

I would say 5 to 8 minute walk. We did it all of the time, when we stayed there over several visits.

12 years of great units, booked with suite-paradise.com.

-----------------------------------------------------

KIAHUNA PLANATION: Right at the beach in poipu. Very nice condos. I do not believe that they have a pool.

SHERATON: Has its own beach and swimming pool, in poipu. Pretty neat place, opt for ocean view.

---------------------------------------------------

POIPU KAPILI, has a pool but overlooks a rocky and land coast, no swimmable beach, but does have a pool.

----------------------------------------------------

You might pick up the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook, they have aerial photos of the places to stay, phone numbers, costs, and descriptions.

Denny

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

The Sheraton is the only one actually on the beach and it is a nice one, usually quite swimable.Poipu Kapili is across the road from a rocky shoreline, but you can walk easily to the Sheraton, which is closeby. Poipu Kai is a huge place, but some units are within a very short walk to Poipu Beach Park, which has a protected swimming area. Regency is part of Poipu Kai, but quite aways away from the beach -- but you could still walk to it. I believe they all have pools

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

Whoops! Denny can type faster than me.

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

Kiahuna Plantation is on the same beach as the Sheraton, and there is a pool. The pool is across the street though. If you are looking for the closest to a swimming beach, the Sheraton and Kiahuna would be your best bet. The others are "close" to a swimming beach, but a bit of a longer walk.

ek
San Carlos, Ca.
Level Contributor
873 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

THanks,

I haven't been able to get a 2 bedroom at the Plantation for the full 7 days and am still looking. I would rather have a condo so will check out the Sheraton and the Poipu Kai. Are there fireworks on the 4th?

ek
San Carlos, Ca.
Level Contributor
873 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

THanks,

I haven't been able to get a 2 bedroom at the Plantation for the full 7 days and am still looking. I would rather have a condo so will check out the Sheraton and the Poipu Kai. Are there fireworks on the 4th?

California
Level Contributor
37,621 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

Fireworks are legal to buy and there's a big fireworks display at the stadium in Lihue.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,833 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

Have you checked out Nihi Kai? They are also very close to Brennecke's and Poipu Beach with a nice heated pool. We usually rent from Parrish Kauai (www.parrishkauai.com) but other website also rent Nihi Kai.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,833 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

<<KIAHUNA PLANATION: Right at the beach in poipu. Very nice condos. I do not believe that they have a pool.>>

Denny, The pool for Kiahuna is across the street next to Casablanca. I did not know this until recently!

Marti

California
Level Contributor
37,621 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Closest condo to swimming beach

aerials here:

www.wizardpub.com/kauai/kauaerials.html

Sheraton is not a condo.