We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

Redondo Beach...
3 posts
Save Topic
weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

Hi, going to be in poipu from oct. 25-nov.2. According to weather.com it looks really raining the whole time 60-70% chance all day. Was wondering it that meant it's passing rain all day, light or really overcast...I need help to understand because the month before (sept) it was sunny for every day that month according to the online weather and rainy every day in oct. What should I be expecting?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks!

-rae

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

please search" Hawaii Weather" it rain here, almost everyday, on all islands, somewhere, rains can be short and strong or weak and long.

We are ( all islands) now in winter weather patterns.

Check the day before each day for the next day....long range is impossible it aint like So Cal

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

Weather.com is usually not accurate for Hawaii weather. I recommend going to:

www.hawaiiweathertoday.com

Then click on the island you are visiting, then the part of the island you are staying. This gives you the official National Weather Service forecast in a user friendly format. Note that even on the nicest day they will often list the chance of rain at 20%. That is not a concern, as that is for the whole region you are checking on. A 20% chance of rain means that under similar circumstances, 1 in 5 days the area will get at least 0.01 inches of rain. Also, some regions have temperature ranges. The warmest temps are on the beach at sea level, and the coolest are upcountry. Also realize that any forecast out more than 3 days greatly loses any accuracy. So the 10 and 14 day forecasts on some sites are worthless.

Another option for weather info is to go the the NOAA/NWS site directly and use their zone forecast:

www.nws.noaa.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=hnl

Then type in the location you want in the upper left of the page

The forecast looks much better for the Poipu area on these two sites. So relax, and have a great trip!

Redondo Beach...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

drvalgemae-I cannot thank you enough for such an informative post. That is exactly the info I was looking for. I have been to Kauai several times and know it rains there (that's pretty obvious) but I was looking for a little more detail and expert advice and if I should worry or not about what I saw at weather.com and your post was on point 100% It's like you read my mind. Thank you so much!!!!

-rae

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I live in the Po'ipu Beach area and we have had cloudy skies today with rain on and off.

I heard this weather pattern is supposed to hold for the next 2-3 days at least - it has definitely been more overcast for about the last week here than we've had - yep - winter weather is just about here!

Hope that the skies are sunny for you!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

Yep, on monday, which was yesterday, as janet said , it had been overcast, with some rain showers in the morning.

Someone had just arrived ( on another post ) and was concerned about the reports of overcast, and flying in a helo tour.

Today, tuesday morning, looking out the window from Banyon Harbor, the skies are blue, and it appears a lovely day is greeting us.

Please, all who look at the weather reports, and it shows rain everyday, relax a bit. As mentioned it is the topics, and an island, and we get tradewind showers, and different areas of our islands will get different amounts of precip.

You will have a fun visit, and right now it appears to be a superb day.

Denny

denver, CO
Level Contributor
475 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

Great morning in Kilauea on Sat.

Beautiful afternoon w/a couple of passing showers on Hanalei Bay on Sun.

Mon. rain and then some clearing later.

Today at sunrise on North Shore...absolutely beautiful!

Mentioned in this post
Kilauea
Kilauea
Kauai, HI
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Denny is spot on - today here in the Po'ipu area it is also blue skies, no tradewinds to speak of - and warm temps - night and day difference from yesterday.

I heard some visitors asking a clerk at Costco yesterday "is it going to rain all week?" - just goes to show - you never know, but chances are - wait a short while and you'll have those sunny skies again!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Redondo Beach...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

Thank you everyone for your up-to-date weather info! You all describe it so well and in such detail, I feel like I'm already there. I can't wait for this Sat.!

Thanks again,

rae

9. Re: weather in poipu, kauai for the week of oct. 25-nov. 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:30 am, October 09, 2009