We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special offer from Sheraton

North Bend, WA
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
special offer from Sheraton

O.K. we got one of those "special offers" in the mail from the Sheraton saying we had been "selected" to enjoy the Poipu beach resort area for five nights for $649! I need to call and see if they will let us bring our kids, however my husband thinks the kids will have more fun in Mexico (Ixtapa, to be exact). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: special offer from Sheraton

Grab it!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: special offer from Sheraton

We got this offer (and are using it in August). Check the fine print. Our offer is for 2 adults/people only, and they usually aren't flexible on these kinds of offers about adding extra people, which seem reasonable given how good a deal it is. Also, call early to reserve your dates. They fill up fast; I booked for August in about November.

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: special offer from Sheraton

I know the Sheraton in Poipu isn't a timeshare complex, but I'm wondering if there is a requirement that you attend a timeshare presentation or something?

Chicago
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: special offer from Sheraton

I would love that! How do you qualify?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,046 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: special offer from Sheraton

Check the room size - will it accommodate all of you?

They may charge extra for the kids.

You won't be getting the primo rooms at that price ... probably on the part of the property across the road in the back.

After you sign up, they will start sending you offers to upgrade.

And they will pitch a timeshare presentation and offer you all kinds of Starwood perqs. If you are not interested, just say "no." Both you and your DH would be required to attend for the perqs.

But -- your kids would have a great time in Hawaii!

Mill Creek...
Level Contributor
721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: special offer from Sheraton

Hi northbendmom!

We received this special offer too which; proved to be too good to pass! We are going this July. Although our deal is through Marriott, I'm sure it is very similar. I believe it's all about selling a timeshare property.

Does your "special package" offer a rental car and did you book your vacation yet?

Been to Mexico & Hawaii w/ kids-

my advice, go to Kauai!!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: special offer from Sheraton

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The Sheraton Kaua'i is selling timeshare units for the new property up in Princeville - so it may be that you will be required to sit through a time share presentation for this offer - don't know, but kinda sounds like it to me.

Still, as long as you don't mind that - and yes, it undoubtedly is on the "garden side" of the property (but they will offer to upgrade you for a fee I'm sure to the ocean side) - it sounds a good offer. I'd just stay away from bldg. 3 - which is the closest to the Koloa Landing Development project - any others should be fine!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Mentioned in this post
Princeville
Princeville
Kauai, HI
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: special offer from Sheraton

FYI--we got this offer well over a year ago, and are using in August of 08, and have never been sent any kind of offer to upgrade. I read the paperwork all over again just now, and nowhere does it say we must attend a timeshare presentation. I am very good at saying no to that stuff in person, so it won't be a problem for us if they try to rope us into one after we get there.

I have my offer in front of me now. Now that I look at it, is is for 2 adults 2 kids max...guess I got it confused with another offer. Looks like you can take your kids, although the room would be tight for four since it say it will be "one hotel-type garden view room".

This is the third time we have used such an offer, and I always go into it expecting a not-so-great room. However, the last two times we have had fantastic rooms, so it can happen. I just don't expect it.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: special offer from Sheraton

We too received one of those "special offers" from Starwood (I am a Starwood Preferred Member, but don't know if that's why)and are going at the end of May. I have received several updates from the Sheraton in the last two months, including an offer to upgrade to an ocean view room, and a letter from the concierge regarding our rental car, dinner reservations, and a "free gift" which will be waiting for us. We are saavy about the timeshare pitch and will be declining, although our offer includes $100 of resort credit which I think is "string-free". We are celebrating an anniversary, and will not be bringing the kids, but yours would love Hawaii, and I would chose Hawaii over Mexico every time, but that's just me! I would say go for it and have a great time! You can't beat the price, even with the garden-view room!

California
Level Contributor
39,739 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: special offer from Sheraton

Koloagirl:

I think Sheraton is also gearing up for selling timeshares to their new villas behind the hotel. Didn't you say they would start building those next year?