We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuhio Shores

Michigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Kuhio Shores

We are planning a trip to Kauai in May. I was wondering if anyone could give me an update on the construction status at Kuhio Shores and the surrounding area. Also, assuming construction will be complete in May (fingers crossed)...does anyone have any recommendations of specific units? Thanks!

Coarsegold...
Level Contributor
270 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kuhio Shores

Kamut - RE: "...how do you get to the beach from your condo if you're on one of the upper floors? And how far is it to Poipu/Shipwrecks/Brenneckes?"

The KS condos have a nice small beach in waqlking distance, just 200 feet west in front of the Beach House restaurant. It's called Lawai beach and I've found excellent snorkeling there when seas are calm. Poipu and Brenneckes beaches are about a 6-8 min. drive east from KS to Poipu beach park; picnic tables, showers and restrooms, lifeguard, lots of grass, some shady trees and a big sandy beach. Good snorkeling can be found at Poipu, too.

Shipwrecks beach is in front of the Grand Hyatt hotel, another 3-5 mins. drive east of Poipu beach. It is Not considered a good safe swimming beach, as Lawai and Poipu beaches are, generally.

Enjoy your trip to paradise... ALOHA.

Coarsegold...
Level Contributor
270 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kuhio Shores

Opps! Forgot to mention that KS has both stairwells and an elevator to get you from upper floors down to the lobby at ground level. Then just walk out past the restaurant going west to little Lawai beach.

Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Kuhio Shores

We are staying in unit 212. It looks fabulous.

If you'd like to see pictures, log onto www.Kuhioshores.net and scroll down to 212 (1 bedroom, sleeps 2).

The owner's e-mail is BettySmith75@Hotmail.com.

so. cal
Level Contributor
702 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kuhio Shores

I recently e-mailed Ken, the owner of #412. We are staying there in late June/ealry July. He says his unit was scheduled to be completed by May. Construction company issues have postponed that, however, and the board is looking to hire another contractor. He "hopes" everything will be done by June. Fingers crossed!

Parsippany, NJ
Level Contributor
47 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Kuhio Shores

We stayed in #119 a couple of years ago and really enjoyed our stay. The condo was clean and as nice as the pictures. What we really loved was that we could walk right out the lanai doors and onto the grass and to the water's edge. Right next to Beach House Restaurant, but there was no issue with noise or crowds during our stay. It's a very nice unit, and we would stay there again. Here's the website, but we found it on VRBO.com

KauaiBeachFrontCondo.Com

Michigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Kuhio Shores

Thanks for all the great info. I guess I'll just have to choose a condo and call the owner to see what info I can get, eh? Who knew choosing a place would be so difficult?

Hey...I've heard that the turtle cove suites are nice...but are in the heart of the construction. Is this true?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,847 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Kuhio Shores

Aloha from Kaua'i!

"Turtle Cove Suites" is on the same road that leads to Whaler's Cove -- it is indeed in an general area of Po'ipu that is experiencing construction -- BUT it is on a quiet, residential street (Pu'uholo Rd.)well off the main street of Lawai Road (which is where the construction is) -- so I doubt you'd have any disruption at the place itself -- certainly you'll run into it when you leave the area, but the place itself is very nice and does look out to Koloa Landing, which is a popular scuba area and where green sea turtles are known to bask on the rocks below Whaler's Cove and Turtle Cove.

I wouldn't avoid the place because of the construction -- it is set well enough off the main road to be quiet and not be disrupted.

Hope this helps!

Malama Pono,

Janet

18. Re: Kuhio Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 17, 2009