We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poipu Kapili

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
171 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Poipu Kapili

Hello

Could anyone give me their honest opinion of this property. And does anyone know if the constuction from Koloa Landing will impact this property (noise, inconvenience)? Thank you Mike

santa clara, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Poipu Kapili

Mike,

Kiahuna is a nice complex. I have not stayed there but did look at some of their units on one trip. The big turn off for me was the fact that the pool is across the main road from the complex and the majority of their units do not have an ocean view. I timed the walk from the back units at Kiahuna once and it took as long to get to the beach as it did when I walked to the beach from Kapili.

I agree that the units at Kapili along the ocean front are not affected by the construction noise, it did not bother me when I was there in August or December.

Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
145 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Poipu Kapili

Many notes on this thread about Hoonani Road being closed/detour. I understand, however, that the main road has now reopened and detour no longer in effect.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Poipu Kapili

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Yes, the "detour" that took you off Po'ipu Road and routed you down Ho'onani Road and back up Kapili Road to Po'ipu Rd. -- is now open - it opened sometime while we were on vacation, because when I went to my aerobics class at Po'ipu Kai it was open. Ho'onani Road and Kapili Road are both open as well.

The roundabout is still under construction, but does not affect Po'ipu Road traffic.

Malama Pono,

Janet

14. Re: Poipu Kapili

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 pm, September 17, 2009