We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo Logding; Prince Kuhio or Sunset Kahili

san francisco
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Condo Logding; Prince Kuhio or Sunset Kahili

I'm trying to decide between Prince Kuhio or Sunset Kahili for a week long stay in Poipu. They are similiar in cost and wonder if anyone can share some feedback or preference. Thanks!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo Logding; Prince Kuhio or Sunset Kahili

Prince Kuhio condos are situated on a point on Lawai Road, just on the ocean and directly next door to Beach House restaurant -- the Lawai Beach Resort is also just across the street. The beach area is right next to the Beach House restaurant, and is a very popular spot for Lawai Beach Resort folks, as well as the Prince Kuhio condos -- lots of scuba people go in from here as well. It is a very small beach and is always VERY crowded -- made sometimes more crowded by monk seals that haul themselves up on the sand to bask -- and of course they are protected by the ubiquitous yellow tape so folks can't disturb them -- I'm always confuzzled by why these seals tend to go for super popular beaches like Po'ipu and P.K.'s! We have so many less frequented beaches! I guess they like the crowds and attention!

They are older condos, but the views are spectacular.

Sunset Kahili condos are up on Pe'e Road from Brennecke's Beach, about 2 miles from the Prince Kuhio condos -- they are also on the ocean, and about the same age. They are well known for being in a spot where the green sea turtles come to feed and again, you are right on the ocean -- as far as a beach is concerned, you would have to walk down Pe'e Road a ways (1/2 mile maybe) to get to Brennecke's Beach, a little further to go to Po'ipu Beach Park.

2. Re: Condo Logding; Prince Kuhio or Sunset Kahili

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 27, 2009