We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
13 posts
Save Topic
Kauai

My husband and I are planning a honeymoon in January. We are looking for suggestions on restaurants, sightseeing, must see and do attractions and anything else you recommend. We plan on spending two weeks on the island and have house on the south shore. Thanks for your input!

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
804 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai

You've chosen a beautiful island for your honeymoon and the south shore is the best choice at that time of year. Hopefully weather will allow for a day of north shore sightseeing, too. I enjoy all parts of the island but it would be a shame to visit Kauai without seeing the lush and magnificent north shore as well.

Our favorite restaurants in the south are Josselyn's, Merriman's and the Beach House. Our favorite beach is Mahaulepu. The dirt road leading to it seems to go on and on and has some potholes but it's very doable and a beautiful place to take a lunch and spend some time. You will want to visit Waimea Canyon, a spectacular sight on the south shore. For a fun and easy day, enjoy a day at the beach, then visit the shops in Poipu, hang around for the gourmet farmer's market @ Living Foods before dinner at Josselyn's or Merriman's that evening.

We also like to walk around Koloa town and we always shop for Kauai made tee shirts @ Pohaku Tees in Koloa. Another fun thing in the south is Friday Art Night in Hanapepe. if you go into Lihue, be sure and visit the museum there. Have fun!

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
804 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai

oops! I forgot to mention that the Gourmet Farmer's market @ Living Foods is on Wednesday evening.

California
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai

Do you have a guidebook? I like The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook with its easy-to-follow format and excellent maps. Here are some companies that offer adventures that might interest you and that come highly recommended.

www.kiputours.com

www.outfitterskauai.com

www.kauaibackcountry.com

www.poipubeachsurfschool.com

Some of my favorite restaurants on the South Shore are Plantation Garden, Tortilla Republic, Merriman's, Roy's, Tidepools, and Beach House.

Happy planning!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,370 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai

Do a helicopter tour. Much of Kaua`i is not accessible to see any other way.

Cali
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kauai

Get the book "Ultimate Kauai". You can even go on his website for updates. A south shore must is the Beach House restaurant. Make reservations before you leave home. Allerton Garden tour is great. Aloha

6. Re: Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 07, 2014