We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Car rental

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
332 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Kauai Car rental

Not a question, but I just returned from Kauai, where I rented a car from Discount Hawaii Car Rentals. I discovered this company on TripAdvisor; this was the first time I'd rented from them. I heartily recommend them. I was able to arrive earlier than expected, but I called, and the selected company (Enterprise) had a car ready. I've just booked another trip to Kauai for April and have again reserved with Discount Hawaii Car Rentals. The quoted price is about $150 less for a week than what I was seeing on other sites (this will be with Avis). So it's all good!

long island
Level Contributor
51 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kauai Car rental

Excellent post--For Reality. I already booked 2 days ago with Discount HCR--they E-mailed me that that would reply in 48 hours,it was actually about 30 Hours

Shelby, North...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kauai Car rental

I actually got a better price by booking through the Hawaiian Airlines website. I clicked twice on the Budget link and it automatically put in a discount code. I have checked back several times with DHCR and their price is always at least $50 more than what I got through the HA site by double clicking on the Budget button. I read that tip on TA. Have any of you ever done this?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kauai Car rental

I just did a search for a rental in June, and it seems high. (with DHCR) It's actually cheaper directly with Thrifty, thought not by much. Is it too early to book this- will the price drop? It seems much higher than what I paid last year. It's showing about $400 for 12 days.

Thanks!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,244 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kauai Car rental

Book *something* as long as you don't have to provide a credit card. Then you'll have backup while you look for a better deal.

15. Re: Kauai Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 07, 2014