We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This year car rentals???

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
This year car rentals???

What has been the average car rental price this year for compact July? And the best to go with this year?I use to do AVIS but they became too expensive. The last 2 years I went with another agency.

Watsonville...
Level Contributor
126 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: This year car rentals???

I also found the prices bouncing all over the place. I had a great deal booked with discounthawaiirentalcars.com the found an even better deal on a small SUV.

I usually always book economy and nine times out of ten, they give you a free upgrade. It works out great if you don't mind sacrificing fuel economy for comfort.

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
407 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: This year car rentals???

I would check Costco for deals. Last week I booked Ford Focus for $277 including tax for 14 days. Few days later I changed it again to Impala for $300/14days with Costco. So keep checking with Costco. Good luck.

Jade

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: This year car rentals???

Keeping my reservation as I posted earlier. I was able to get a $100.00 certificate for AVIS (which this car is through/discount Hawaii) through my THANKYOU rewards program, so that helped!!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
56 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: This year car rentals???

Hello all,

We will be in Kauai the last week of August. First time there. Does anyone suggest a 4WD for any portion of the island? They are usually quite expensive in HI and I'm not sure if any companies explicitly disallow it. We've gone through local agencies on Maui and Big Island in the past. Thanks.

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: This year car rentals???

Honestly , there is NO reason for a 4X4. Most go for economy or compact cars. The question to ask yourself is what kinds of activity will you be doing that would require a 4X4?

16. Re: This year car rentals???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 am, June 21, 2013