We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kauai beach resort

scotland
Level Contributor
72 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
kauai beach resort

We are going to the Kauai beach resort in September 2012 and I am wondering if there are any nice restaurants within 10 ins walking. We like to go out for dinner but not far.

Also i have heard that the beach is not too good there (AFTER I BOOKED) Is it still possible to walk along the beach and lie on it.

I am only there for 4 nights but would like to make the most of my stay. My husband has mobility problems and i would like things to be right for him. please help

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kauai beach resort

Hmm -- there is a restaurant at the hotel. Not sure there is anything you could really walk to unless you could walk along the beach. I stayed there a few years ago but can't remember that there was anything within walking distance.

The beach there is not one people swim in, and when I was there I didn't see anyone lying on it, although I suppose you could. (Lots of sticks and stuff, as I remember, but of course you could move those...)

There is a nice pool area, and the rooms were quite nice ... just not a walkable sort of place.

If you can change, you might look into another property that has more options within walking distance.

Kauai Coast Resort/Beachboy has a nice restaurant (Hukilau Lanai) and shops around it, as well as an equally rocky beach, but maybe a better option?

Joseph, Oregon
Level Contributor
450 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kauai beach resort

We are currently at the Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy and we love it. Not swimmable, but they have lounges all along the greenway at the edge of the narrow sandy beach. The sand is sloped down, and there is driftwood, but you could certainly lay there if you want to. But, the grassy area and adjacent pool and hot tub areas are much nicer for laying out IMO. The Coconut Marketplace is just across the parking lot and the on-site restaurant and poolside bar are very good.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
939 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kauai beach resort

There is really nothing you can walk to to get something to eat other than the on site restaurant, I have eaten there and the food was very good, the beach as noted isn't swim-able and is often empty because of reasons mentioned.

Maybe its not too late to change where your staying??

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,694 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kauai beach resort

It's not a swimming beach, but it is a pretty beach. Here are some pictures of the resort (both the condos and the hotel).

http://suessharedalbums.shutterfly.com/3239

the hotel unit interior pictures are near the end. They,of course, share the beach.

Edited: 3:19 pm, February 29, 2012
San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kauai beach resort

Just for clarity, the OP is asking about Kauai Beach Resort which is off on its own south of the county golf course. There is nothing within a 10 min walk.

Kauai Coast Resort (Post #2) by the Coconut Marketplace is right in town. Not the same place.

The beach at KBR can be rough and dangerous when the surf is up. But it's a mile long and gorgeous for walking/laying out.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kauai beach resort

So just to make sure, you are planning to have a car? Or do tours?

The resort is really sort of isolated (not in a bad way) ... not really "far" from things, but definitely not within walking distance of much.

As dave said, you can walk the beach ... but if you want to see any more of Kauai you'll need to get out.

With only 4 days, and being that near the airport, you could do tours if you didn't want to drive.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,759 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kauai beach resort

Are you going to have a car?

3Chihuahuas

Edited: 3:48 pm, February 29, 2012
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
637 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kauai beach resort

Don't you think someone with mobility issues would be better at the Marriott, just a thought.

Upland, CA
Level Contributor
232 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kauai beach resort

I've stayed at the Kauai Beach resort a few times when it was the Radisson and actually enjoyed the remoteness of the property. There is a nice restaurant onsite with good food, but you will have to drive to any other eating establishments. However, being on the island for a few days you will probably be off exploring the island as much as possible so more than likely you will be down in Poipu or up in Princeville around dinner time. If not, Kapaa area is only a few minute drive to the north and Dukes, J.J’s Broiler, etc. are only a 5-10 minute drive to the south.

Edited: 8:40 pm, February 29, 2012
scotland
Level Contributor
72 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kauai beach resort

This may sound odd but is it easy to drive on Kauai. As we are from a country that drives on the other side of the road, although I do drive an automatic car at home.