We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club or Kauai Marriott Resor

Brisbane
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Stay at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club or Kauai Marriott Resor

We are trying to decide which hotel to stay at. The Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club or Kauai Marriott Resort. The Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club is a time share and is cheaper. But many of the reviews speak of not getting the room requested. And the other is a resort. Has anyone stayed at both? Thanks for the help.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Stay at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club or Kauai Marriott Resor

Interesting, Egg. I guess you CAN book a timeshare unit even if you aren't a timeshare owner. Maybe they hold out a few timeshare units for regular rentals to entice new buyers. I know the Poipu location does this.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Cape Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
258 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Stay at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club or Kauai Marriott Resor

Yes, we stayed in a 2 bedroom in Poipu before we stayed in Lihue. Maybe it was a slower time of year as it was late October. Check out the Marriott website and it will show you what places have availability for various dates.

By the way, we were never approached at either resort to do a time share presentation.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
925 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Stay at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club or Kauai Marriott Resor

The Resort section is the actual hotel. The Beach Club section is the "timeshare" units, which are actually just converted hotel rooms joined together. Both have similar access to resort facilities, restaurants, room service (unnecessary) pools, etc. The Beach Club rooms will be slightly bigger, with a range of kitchen amenities from micro and mini fridge to galley sized kitchen depending on whether you book a studio or 1 bedroom (two adjoining hotel rooms, one room converted to a living area/kitchen). The Beach Club does rent out units - Marriott owners are given the option of renting their unit through Marriott based on supply and demand.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Stay at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club or Kauai Marriott Resor

Thanks. That helps. Do you know if these rooms have as good of view of the ocean as the actual hotel rooms do? Thank you.

25. Re: Stay at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club or Kauai Marriott Resor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, June 22, 2013