We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Wedding Help Please! (Coordinator/Florist/Cover Band)

B.C.
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Kauai Wedding Help Please! (Coordinator/Florist/Cover Band)

Please help! We are getting married in Kauai next summer (in August, 2011) and need some advice on who to choose for our wedding needs. We need a:

*Coordinator

*Florist

*DJ/Cover Band

*Rental place for Tables and Chairs

*Marriage License, paperwork advise.

*Shuttle information (someone you know who can shuttle people from point A to B or advise for this?)

Thanks so much for your help, really!

J&K

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Morgan Hill...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Wedding Help Please! (Coordinator/Florist/Cover Band)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My husband and I were married on Kauai in 2004. We did a VERY simple ceremony on Polihale Beach. Our reception for 16 people was on the outdoor lanai at the Beach House. Amazing view and food!

Here is the link for the 2010 Bridal Guide that was published in the Garden Island newspaper. It is full of articles and adverstisements that might be helpful to you...

advault.kauaiworld.com/SS/Page.aspx…

*Florist - I used Blue Orchid in Koloa and was pleased

*Marriage Liscense - We completed the paperwork beforehand and took it with us. Here is the link that will allow you to download the application as well as answer other questions you might have...

hawaii.gov/health/…howto

Happy planning! :)

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Wedding Help Please! (Coordinator/Florist/Cover Band)

It sounds to me like the wedding coordinator would be your first step, and then all the others would fall into place. There are many many coordinators on Kauai. One that I hear rave reviews about is Marlene Mira. Her website is http://www.miramirakauai.com/

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
California
Level Contributor
449 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai Wedding Help Please! (Coordinator/Florist/Cover Band)

Check out the local Hawaii message boards on The Knot. I was married on Maui last September and planned everything from the mainland thanks to the lovely ladies on this website.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
California
Level Contributor
39,770 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai Wedding Help Please! (Coordinator/Florist/Cover Band)

A wedding coordinator will take care of all your questions. That's what you pay her for.

I used Alohana Weddings for my vow renewal.

http://www.alohanaweddings.com/sitemap.htm

You can get other coordinator suggestions by typing that into the search box above.

5. Re: Kauai Wedding Help Please! (Coordinator/Florist/Cover Band)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:08 am, February 09, 2011