We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Kaua'i

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in Kaua'i

My fiancee are going to go to Kauai'i for our honeymoon in Mi-April 2010. Is there a big difference beween Po'ipu an Lihue? I was looking at Aston Islander on the beach which is actually in Wailua. Can someone give me the differences between each area? I'm looking to balance value with location. I'm thinking eastern coast is a good place to be because we will be equal distance bettern Princeville and Po'ipu.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Where to stay in Kaua'i

I'd make sure that Aston does provide daily maid service at Poipu Kai.

Most Poipu Kai rental agents do not. Maybe Aston is different.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Where to stay in Kaua'i

I called Costco and they said they do. Maybe I should call Poipu Kai.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Where to stay in Kaua'i

I really doubt that Costco would know the fully nitty-gritty about daily maid services at all of the hotels that they make package deals with. If you want to call again I'd recommend calling Aston Poipu Kai itself.

Have you looked t the reviews for Aston Poipu Kai ? The reviews are all over the place. The reason for this is most because this is a place that begs....LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Experiences here are based very much on which section of Poipu Kai they place you in. There is a marked difference between, say, the Kahala wing vs. the Poipu Sands wing.

Funny thing about Poipu Kai....no matter which agency you rent through the pictures always show the Poipu Sands division and it's nice large pool and Shipwreck Beach in the background. So of course this is what people expect. I always thought this was a bit deceptive. Try to make a special request for Poipu Sands or Manualoha.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Where to stay in Kaua'i

FYI.. I called Aston directly and they DO offer maid service. If you rented a condo (timeshare) most of those offer weekly service, but those are usually for extended stay.

25. Re: Where to stay in Kaua'i

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 01, 2010