We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

New York City
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

I am presently in Princeville, Kauai attending my godchild's wedding.

I would like to take a helicopter ride to view the Island of Kauai.

Which is the best company to book with? Which helicopter package

would you recommend? How much will this trip cost me?

I am planning to travel to Lihue this afternoon and stay at the KAUAI INN so that I can keep the costs of my accommodations reasonable so that I will be able to afford the helicopter trip of the Island. I have also been told that the helicopter trip booked from Lihue is less expensive than booking my trip out of Princeville.

Are there any other sites you would recommend that I see today

during my stay in Lihue?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mahola,

Hara

(From Kauai)

California
Level Contributor
38,382 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

The trips out of Lihue are indeed cheaper than the one company that flies out the small Princeville Airport.

Call Blue Hawaiian. They have an excellent reputation. All the companies take the same flight plan but the biggest difference is in the equipment they fly.

Have a wonderful experience.

http://www.bluehawaiian.com/kauai/tours/

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
61,797 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

Aloha,

Definitely, Blue Hawaiian is the company to use! They will give you a great tour from start to finish.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

Most of the one's that will be recommeded will be great. I have flew around Kauai twice. I am sure others on here have flew more. I think they all basically take the same route. This last time we flew Island Helicopters, because they had good reviews and have been in business for (I think) 30 years. In additional to what I just mentioned, they are the least expensive. We flew for $164 / person, which is anywhere from $20 - $60 less than other companies. Island Helicopters was great, friendly and the pilot (Issac) was excellent. He circled then reveresed at each site so people on both sides of the helicopter got a great view. I am sure the other companies do the same. Check the brouchers for discounts, or just give them a call. If you want to take a flight that lands aWaipo'o Falls (The Jurassic Park Waterfall) it's a little more expensive. You will land, be able to take pictures, but no swimming or lunch. We flew in the afternoon and got great weather, We were late enough so the clouds cleared and early enough before the clouds (on that day) moved in. Call early and book, because they do fill their times pretty quick. Check the weather and try to pick a day that at least has a forecast that is clear.

It will be on the top of your list of the best thing you have ever done on a vacation. Kauai from the air..........nothing like it.

Louisville
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

I posted the name of the Jurassic Park Waterfall incorrectly. I selected Mcgrath Images web site that listed it as Waipo'o Falls and when I did I thought that it didn't seem right. The actual name of the falls is Manawaiopuna Falls

Sorry about that, but I don't think that will keep you from going.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

I personally would recommend Blue Hawaiian. We have flown with them sev times in Maui and Kauai.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

Excellent suggestions with Blue Hawaiian, and their office is not far from where you are staying. Maybe a 5 minute drive or less.

Just in case Blue Hawaiian is booked.......a couple of other good outfits out of Lihue, are Jack Harter and Safari.

Have a wonderful circle island tour...

Denny

7. Re: Which is the Best HELICOPTER Ride to View KAUAI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:35 am, May 22, 2010