We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marriott kauai or maui

Leeds
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
marriott kauai or maui

Have the option to exchange in late nov to either of these marriott resorts in a one bedroom villa, any ideas which one I choose? Love the beach and would like to tour.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: marriott kauai or maui

I'm presuming you're talking about the Maui Marriott on Kaanapali Beach? (there is another in Wailea ara I believe).

If so, the Marriott Maui is on a strip of resort hotels, neck in neck, along the beach. I'm personally not a fan of this area - too busy, too Miami Beach-like for me. The beach in front of this Maui Marriott is not the best swimming part of Kaanapali.

The Lihue Kauai Marriott is by itself on a great swimming beach and centrally located to all sights on the island.

I would be partial to the Kauai location but my only reservation is that it is undergoing some renovation right now. You need to check on the status of it.

Have you checked out the other Marriott on Maui? In the Wailea area? Great beaches there, better weather. That would be my choice right now over the other 2. Maybe the Wailea location is the one you meant in the first place.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,679 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marriott kauai or maui

If it is the Marriott Waiohai in Poipu on Kauai, that is where I would go first.

Marriott Kalapaki Beach might be my next choice, but I think the Marriott Ka'anapali on Maui is great too.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: marriott kauai or maui

Your'e right, scottca. The OP needs to tell which marriott on both islands they're talking about.

4. Re: marriott kauai or maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, April 02, 2010