We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Beach Villas

Which Lihue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sun City West...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kauai Beach Villas

I have heard that owners no longer have access to the hotel pool and that a new pool similar to the hotels was being built at the time share. Is this true? Has the pool been built? If not, can you still access the hotel pool for a daily fee or is it completely off limits to the time share owners?

Thanks

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Beach Villas

Owners at KBV are able to access the hotel pool for a daily fee of something like $15 or $20/unit. KBV still claims that they will build a new pool (similar to one at Pahio Bali Hai), but they are again in the process of getting permits (so they say and have been saying for about 3 years). No word when the new pool will be started---don't hold your breath! The old pool should still be there and really isn't all that bad.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Beach Villas

I continue to hear abotu new KBV pools, but seems like nothting ever happens. For using the pools at the Hilton next door, if you pay the 15.00 bucks, what do they do give you a towel? I don't mind paying the 15.00, but don't want to be treated like a "non guest" if I am there?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai Beach Villas

Well, I imagine you would swim and frolic in the pool, check out the waterfall, and relax in the jacuzzi.

Just what did you think was going to happen ? That is what guests at the pool resorts generally do.

I doubt anyone cares if you are a guest or not. And, with paying the fee, you certainly should receive a towell.

And, you will look like tourists like the rest of the resort visitors, and no one much cares one way or the other.

We walked the grounds a few weeks ago, and everyone seemed very friendly, and happy, and having a good time.

We ran into friends from the kauai athletic club, partying out at the tiki bar, along with other kamaainas, and resort guests. The party was on !

We got good vibes, and we were just there to have dinner...and not guests of the hotel.

But, again, if you bring you own aloha....give repect...and most often, you will have a superb time and meet fun people.

Denny

4. Re: Kauai Beach Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 05, 2009