We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuhio Shores #307

Bay Area, California
3 posts
Save Topic
Kuhio Shores #307

Does anyone have any reviews of #307 at Kuhio Shores. We can get a really good deal and I want to make sure that the deal is not because the place is crummy. Any advice? Did anyone else get a really good deal on a condo at Kuhio Shores? We need a 1 bedroom unit preferably not on the ground floor.

Rock Island, IL
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Kuhio Shores #307

We rented 402 for this January from Grantham Resorts and it is completely remodeled. On our last trip we checked out the Kuhio Shores and knew we would book a condo there for next year due to the location and the great snorkeling right next door. In researching which condo to rent we noticed there were quite a few that were VERY outdated. I would definately suggest not booking unless you have seen pictures to know what you can expect when you get there. The last thing you want on vacation is to stress over the condo not being what you expected.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kuhio Shores #307

We just checked into #118 at Kuhio Shores yesterday. All I can say is that the place is fabulous and ground floor is the way to go. About 30 feet from the ocean. We love it here. I took lots of photos yesterday and will post them when I return.

Prescott Valley...
Level Contributor
272 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kuhio Shores #307

Be aware that the Kuhio Shores condo units that are numbered "_01" to "_08" are on the East side of the building (sunrise views) and do Not get afternoon or evening direct sunlight. No all-day suntanning on the lanai in these units. They do have nice bay/ocean views, but the lower numbers "_01 to _03" are closer to Lawai Road and may have traffic noise (folks driving to Spouting Horn, The Beach House, etc.) levels that are objectionable. Units "_09 thru _19" are south facing with panoramic ocean and sunset views. As others have said, check out the pictures on-line of the condo unit you're considering, to see how updated the decor is. Each condo is individually owned and furnished so there can be a big difference between them not only in price ans location. ALOHA.

Mentioned in this post
Lawa'i Beach
Lawa'i Beach
168 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Spouting Horn
Spouting Horn
4,413 Reviews
Kauai, HI
clark summit, pa
Level Contributor
441 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kuhio Shores #307

Has anyone stayed in Kuhio Shores #310, seems lower in price than other 2bdrm 2 bth ones. Pls let me know, then I'll book it.

Sarah

Santa Barbara
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Kuhio Shores #307

307 is a total dump - the place is invested with cockroaches and the decor is horrible. Mildew, rust - a dump. The sliding door doesnt lock, the bedroom is gross.

There are some really nice units in the building but 307 is horrible and the place is WAY overpriced. We didnt like dealing with the owner (he seemed shady) and my wife felt like we were being watched.

clark summit, pa
Level Contributor
441 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Kuhio Shores #307

Hi

We spent 4 days in July 2007 in KS#307 owned by Judi Farrington. The condo is supposed to have 2 bdrm and 2 baths, there is a bath in the hallway, tub is old, celing is peeling off, and everywhere in the drawers she has this grimy shelf paper, couldn't bear to use it. The other bathroom consists of an extremely small toilet and sink in the bathrm and a shower stall right at the foot of the bed (literally). On the plus side, the carpets are new, but the bedspreads are so old and worn out that its unthinkable that anyone will still use it, same is true for towels and there are very few of them, this condo is very hot as it faces the sun, there is no a/c there are only celing fans. She promised me two stand fans, there were only one in the condo. The kitchen is small but well furnished. Although when we went the maid didn't leave a scrap of paper towel, and we had already shopped, anyway this was minor compare to the bathrooms. The condos in KS don't have any light in the bedrooms because the windows overlook the hallway and anyone can look in if you open the louvres, so it's hot and dark. The view from the lanai is unbeatable, fabulous at this or any price, next door is the great romantic restaurant Beach House, expensive but it's worth it. In Poipu, Kuhio Shores is a little shoddily maintained old condo at an unbeatable location. The walking sand area in the front was good. By the way, the condo has lot of patio furniture but so many padded ones that it shows the dirt and sand on it, nothing simple. But at night you can watch the stars and hear the surf. Kauai is very expensive but the most beautiful. We went to Hawaii, Kauai and Maui. Our first visit to Kauai, we were wowed. I had a good deal here . If you can live with the downsides, the location is great. Another thing, poipu is much more expensive as far as eating out is concerned, Kapaa has cheaper grocery and manageable restaurants, we spent a lot of time driving back and forth, at night it's not something you want to do because the road gets too dark and there are no signs. Let me know if you want more info, about anything. Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kapaa
Kapaa
Kauai, HI
17. Re: Kuhio Shores #307

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 11, 2009