We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

I will write a mini-trip report for the 1st three days on the north shore (stayed at Hanalei Colony Resort). After checking out, stopping in Kapaa at the Safeway and Papaya's for groceries, we checked into our condo at Poipu Sands 523. WOW!!! The pictures do not do this place justice! Amazing view of Shipwreck's, beautiful interior and amenties (I LOVE the kitchen) and great location. OK, off to Plantation Gardens for Father's Day dinner buit I had to post this mini mini trip report. Will post more tonight on our 2 1/2 days on the north shore.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

Funny, I did not intend for this thread to be yet another debate on the merits of the south shore versus the north shore. My "WOW" was this incredible condo with the great views of Shipwreck's Beach.

Taylors Falls...
Level Contributor
764 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

Well, now it's about the great condo. And it does look incredible.

I see the calendar showing unavailable for the next five years!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

<<Well, now it's about the great condo.>>

My original post was always about the condo.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

milwkid, most calendars will be blocked off past a year in advance since they can't book that far out. It just looks like it's booked but it's just a block. So most likely that's the situation.

Taylors Falls...
Level Contributor
764 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

Napa, I knew that. I was being silly and facetious. . Just talking highly of a place, as Martik did, will bring future business. Shipwrecks would be stunning, as the condo.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

"The view is amazing. I woke up to the sunrise over Shipwreck's"

"the water colors in the a.m. are unparalleled, the cliffs, turtles abounding and Shipwreck with late afternoon/sunset light on it is is so stunning; it comes alive! "

This is the reason we always request ahead of time, staying in the Poipu Wing of the Hyatt hotel, so we face Shipwreck Rock. Early morning coffee in the room, and sitting out on the big balcony lanai watching the sunrise over the rock is the best for us, and again the evening light is great. It brings us back to Poipu time and again. Those who stay in the other wing miss this phenomenon.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

I've stayed in Poipu Sands 523 a couple of times, and love it as well. Anyone who wants a well-appointed condo with a spectacular view of Shipwreck Beach should definitely check this one out.

I remember relaxing on the lanai in the evenings watching the processions of wedding ceremonies across the beach, all the way from 5 people to 100+. Mornings watching the sun come up over the cliffs at the end of the beach make for a great start to the day as well.

Enjoy!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

We've also enjoyed watching the surfers at Shipwreck's! The swell is quite high so we've been heading over to Brennecke's and the Sheraton Beach, where it is still pretty rough. But the kids love playing in the waves and they are both good swimmers. The condo has at least 8 boogie boards and 10 beach chairs. So we put several in the car for day trips and there are still several here to to head over to Shipwreck's. I have not seen any weddings yet but several families taking professional protraits.

29. Re: Moved to south shore and all I can say is "WOW"!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, March 22, 2016