We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Kauai - This is how to get the best price.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
283 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Kauai - This is how to get the best price.

This hotel has VERY high "rack rates" for oceanfront rooms ($610/night). This seems a bit ridiculous for a 3-star hotel. If you join the Starwood Preferred Guest program (there is no charge to join), you can get the same room for $399/night. If you stay 5 nights, you can get the 5th night free (about $319/night). However, the best deal is the AAA (auto club) rate of only $303 for the same oceanfront room! It took me a while to figure this out, so I hope I can save some other folks some time and money. Also, There are two different types of oceanfront rooms at this hotel. One is called Deluxe Ocean Front- this is 510 sq. ft. and is on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floor. The other is called Ocean Luxury King- these rooms are 530 sq. ft. and are all on the ground floor. The Ocean Luxury King rooms are slightly more expensive than the rates I quoted above. Also, add $26/day resort fee, which is mandatory, but gives you breakfast for free (for 2 people). Let me know if this info is helpful.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
283 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Kauai - This is how to get the best price.

P.S.

The infamous garden view rooms are $178/night at the AAA price.