We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

Not really a question, but I couldn't find a listing for Kapaa Beach Shop. Just wanted to relay an experience we had with renting bikes in Kapaa. We were trying to find a place to rent bikes on Sunday before Labor day. Most places were closed or closing so they referred us to Kapaa Beach Shop. Very seamless rental,nice people and great bikes at an amazing price. We rented to bikes for 2 days for $40. I was concerned these would be low end bikes, but they were Trex bikes and very well maintained. There wasn't any 'extra' costs for things like bike locks and baskets.

If you need to rent bikes while in Kapaa I would highly recommend them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
607 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

Thanks for posting this good information.... In the past Kauai Cycle & Tour in Kapaa at phone 808-821-2115 were a reliable source of bikes in that eastside area....

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,209 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

If you want to do a review, here's the link for TA and yelp:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60616-d23…

www.yelp.com/biz/kapaa-beach-shop-kapaa

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

I usually don't bother with reviews of little places on TA because there's so much fake stuff out there, but I can say that Kappa Beach Shop was great. They had a kids trailer for about half of what others wanted. I think it was $7.50 for two hours for a bike (and all accessories), same for a trailer.

Maryland
Level Contributor
395 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

We used Eastside cruisers in Kapaa. Great rates, service and location.

$10 a day for a bike

www.eastsidecruiserskauai.com/pricing.html

5. Re: Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:09 am, October 19, 2012
washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

kyle...you are spamming all the forums. Stop

Linden, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

Coconut Coasters-rented for a week. Took advice from Angelo and rented a cruiser/mountain bike. I believe he called it a "crossover bike". We loved the gears for shifting and we were able to ride everywhere in the bikes. Rode from Kitchen Beach to Donkey Beach. Rode out bikes to dinner, to grocery, to beaches, to local Farmers Markets. Riding a bike is a must do in Kapaa. No car for 6 days, just bikes. When we got our car, we rode bikes when we got back to the hotel. Easier transportation than driving a car. Rode 20+ miles each day around town and exploring.

8. Re: Bike Rental in Kapaa-best place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 10, 2014