We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

Atkinson, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

Has anyone ever stayed here? If so can you tell me mor about it?

nj new jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

I just stayed there on my honeymoon. It was a very cute cottage, however it was much smaller than I expected. It was one room with a bed, kitchen, and small table in it, plus a small bathroom. If you are planning on staying here with more than 2 people or plan on spending a lot of time in the cottage this is probably not the place for you. I found it perfect for what I was looking for though. My husband and I were out hiking or kayaking or exploring all of Kauai all day long and came back to the cottage just to make dinner and go to bed. Kapaa is a great location being halfway between the north and south shores so you can see all of the island easily. If you plan on going to Kauai to lay on the beach all day, this is also not the place for you. The beach here was extremely windy and rough besides the small "baby beach" area.

The cottage itself is very well maintained and has all of the amenities you could need from a beach towel, cooler, boogy boards, grill, pots and pans, and more. The owners are very friendly and helpful too.

Great place to stay, it just depends on what you are looking for.

LA
Level Contributor
10,038 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that poster #1 just happened to sign on today and post this fawning review? Very suspect for a tout.

California
Level Contributor
36,729 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

Old post besides (I hate it when people dredge up old threads), but I didn't find the "review" so glowing. They said it was smaller than they thought, not good if you are going to spend a lot of time in the rental and the beaches close by aren't good.

Malibu, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

check out the reviews for this cottage on the vrbo page. They do have glowing reports about this cottage. My husband and I are planning to stay there in a couple of days so we will post review on trip advisor as well

Malibu, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

I know this is an old post but when you ask a question on trip advisor this post comes up. To see more about this cottage go to vrbo and you will see that it does get glowing reports and is pretty upfront with the size. I've never stayed here but my husband and I have renting it in December and planning on writing a review on trip advisor

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

Does the VRBO ad give the size in square footage? Some reviews mention that it's smaller than they thought it would be. Based on most of the reviews, I'm sure there are a lot of good things about it, but the VRBO ad might be hiding a few details .... "Tucked away for privacy, you approach the cottage from the ocean, along a secluded path lined with palms, ferns and lilies." A more descriptive way of saying, "it's in the backyard of the main house."

Have a great trip & we'll look forward to your review when you get back.

7. Re: Moonrise Cottage in Kapaa, Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 16, 2013