We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery shopping

Glencoe, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery shopping

Hi, we are staying in a condo, can some one tell me where a good place to stop and shop for food as well as pick up some wine?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grocery shopping

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Agree that we need to know where you are staying in order to give you tips on what grocery stores are nearby - there are lots of great small "mom and pop" type stores where you will find local favorites and there are large, mainland style stores with all the stuff you'll need also - like Safeway and Costco.

While I don't go often because it is on the East Side, I like Foodland - it is a nice mix of local and mainstream type of grocery store - they will also give you a Maika'i card even if you don't live here - altho' you don't have to have one in order to shop there.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 4:04 pm, October 13, 2011
Newman, California
Level Contributor
88 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grocery shopping

Sydneycat,

I just went online to get a Foodland card so I could have it when I get to Kauai. Couldn't get one in advance. Says you have to get it from a cashier once your on the island. How did you get yours online?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,637 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grocery shopping

Teri - I emailed Foodland with my contact info and ask for a card. They (snail) mailed one to me within a week. This was over 6 years ago, but it's still worth a try.

Sorry Sydney - I answered in your place...

3Chihuahuas

14. Re: Grocery shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, October 26, 2012