We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Dreams?

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,013 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Tropical Dreams?

In late June, Dan said he would be opening the ice cream shop in Kapaa in 3-4 weeks.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about a opening?

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical Dreams?

Talk was that it was going into the shopping center where Burger King and Big Save (now Times) is but have not seen any action to convert the empty store front there.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical Dreams?

Nope, but it would be a great idea.....

As a matter a fact, a couple came into the Feral Pig the other day, ( In Lihue), and wanted to know where they could get a banana split.

Lordly, that sounded good.

I got to thinking, I could not tell them any near by place that might be able to help them.....except in poipu area.....so, your friends idea of at least kapa'a having an icecreame parlour could be a good one.

When the heck are you coming over ? Maybe we might try to pracitice a few irish songs and sea shantys, and maybe some backroom ballads.

Might even help you with a special ice cream fix....glass, swirl chocolate syrup in the secret method, and then in the blender mix in some chocolate chip icereame, a little milk, and tadahhhhhh......Dark Rum to your personal liking. Pour that into the glass, and the party is on !

We do have some rum swizzle sticks, but you need to bring your own umbrellas, plastic dolphins, and imported chinese leis.

Opppppps....have marching orders by the admiral...have to get up to the pool for some aqua style exercise.....the sun is brilliant, the sky is blue, and the trades are.brushing the palm fronds.

Hope to see you when you can wing across the pond, Actually , serious about getting together, here, for some sing a longs.

Denny and Erica

Edited: 4:34 pm, August 15, 2011
San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical Dreams?

He was pretty flaky about keeping his old location open. Sounds like more of the same. Last time I went by (last week) that spot still had a For Lease sign in the window. Wouldn't hold your breath on this one.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,515 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical Dreams?

I keep watching the supposed new store, but haven't seen a thing happening there.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropical Dreams?

There's been rumour of a Dan sighting?