We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jailhouse Bar and Pub

California
Level Contributor
36,671 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Jailhouse Bar and Pub

There's a new place to eat at The Wailua Golf Course called The Jailhouse Pub. (it is across the street from the "jail"). I didn't try it, but my Aunt did and said it was good. I was wondering if any local TAers have tried it.

Lihue, Hawaii
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jailhouse Bar and Pub

I haven't ate there either. But I would without and doubt. I know the cook there and she is EXCELLENT!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,707 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jailhouse Bar and Pub

I ate there Sunday night. The cook must have been off; the food was just OK. Hopefully it will be better for the 11/3 TA party.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Jailhouse Bar and Pub

the feral pig has not really got into the Irish aspect of a pub, but it is still a fun place to go, with decent food, and drinks. Our favorite servers are Franny, Sarah, or Jess. Three great ladies,.

Also, fun if Scott or David the owners are helping out. Good people.

The Jailhouse has more of an Irish Pub menu, as well since they are drawing a proper pint of guinness.

Denny

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,057 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Jailhouse Bar and Pub

Denny, we ate at the Feral Pig when we were in town on Friday to go to Costco. I had a sloppy Kalapacki sandwich which was really excellent as were the fries. Mrs. S.had the mahi-mahi on Cesaer salad. My only problem was they don't have Guiness on tap.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Jailhouse Bar and Pub

Odd, but I guess you have to go upstairs to get a pint of Guiness? I had one yesterday at Kalapaki Joe's when I found out the friend I was picking up at the airport was delayed an hour.

Nice to hear the good review of the Pig. I wish I could give the Jailhouse Pub a better review, but it was just "pretty good" the two times I've been.

16. Re: Jailhouse Bar and Pub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 03, 2012