We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Topic
Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

A new business is opening up in the Kinipopo Shopping Village - in the space formerly occupied by the Tin Can Mailman, along Papaloa Road, just off Kuhio Hwy in Wailua.

It's a new cookie, pastry and pizza shop called "Kauai Ono Kuki Company" and from what I've tasted so far, it should be a success. The phone number for the place, if you have a hard time finding it, is 808-651-2663.

The owner, Michael Sterioff, is not only a baker, but also a photographer, so the walls inside the roomy dining area is decorated with giclees and prints of his photographs. The photos and the friendly atmosphere give it a real "Kauai" feel. Since it's "soft opening" last week, I've been in three times. I love the "croisscones" which are a cross between a croissant and a scone. Each day another savory or sweet flavor appears. Very tasty! I've found a new "coffee break" place. I haven't tried the pizzas yet, but will do that one of these nights.

Hours right now are 6am - 2pm and then 5pm-9pm. So, that hits the breakfast, lunch and dinner diners. To get a sneak preview, before the grand opening, check it out. Parking is either along the street or better yet in the lot for Kinipopo Shopping Village. If you are staying in one of the condos along Papaloa Road (Wailua Bay View, Hale Awapuhi, Lanikai, Lae Nani, etc.) it's a handy place to grab a cup of coffee or soda and a tasty treat.

For those not familiar with this little group of shops, Kinipopo is in the Wailua area, south of Kapaa, home to Monico's Tacqueria, Icing on the Cake, Kintaro's, the Kauai Waterski and Surf shop and other little shops.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

Thanks for the heads up. I hope they succeed and are still there next time I visit Kauai. Sounds like a great addition to the area. Is the Korean take-out place still there? We enjoyed it when we stayed at Lanikai a few years ago.

California
Level Contributor
36,440 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

What is the parking situation at that shopping center? Is there a lot behind it or do you park on the street?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

Thanks, hula! It sounds a treat!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

Aloha from Kaua'i!

There is limited parking at Kinipopo Shopping Center - if you go behind it, to the right of the service station from the hwy, sometimes you can find street parking - otherwise, there is a small lot that is next to Kinipopo and between it and the Surf type shop.

When I used to work there (used to work for a horseback riding operation run from there) parking was kind of an issue - but these days I don't think you'll have any problems!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

Yes, the Korean Barbecue is still there. There''s also a Doggie Boutiique and Main Attraction hair salon.

Parking is along Papaloa Road, if there's no room in the parking lot devoted to Kinipopo Shopping Village. There's also a new lot that was just recently paved along Lanikai street, for overflow parking for the area. It's filled up with Kintaro diners most evenings, but in the daytime, there's plenty of parking available.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

My daughter and I were just there a week ago and we wish Michael the best. He has such a positive attitude and a passion for what he is doing, he's bound to succeed!

His pizza is outstanding and the cookies are so good that we took some to the mainland!

We will be sure to visit again and highly recommend this as a great pitstop for lunch or breakfast.

7. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 24, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

I did not see anything wrong with post #7 by the owner letting us know the name will be changing as it infringed on another companys name on a neighboring island. Nice to know that did not go out of business but just an upcoming name change.

9. Re: Kauai Ono Kuki Company - Kinipopo Shopping Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 21, 2011