We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Which Kapaa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Hi,

I'm planning a family vacation to kapaa (waipouli beach) , I am trying to find out if there is pubs/restaurants within walking distance or is it a case of driving to find an entertainment selection

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Craig (Glasgow , Scotland)

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Not much nightlife on Kauai...Coconut Market Place(shopping area) has a bar or two just in walking distance of where you are staying. There use to be a pool hall called Lizard Lounge(never been just noticed it next to pizza hut not sure if still there) across the street in shopping center...Many restaurants in the area you will have no problem. I have noticed downtown Kapa'a usually has things going on is some of the small eateries.

No worries you will find many food places...Driving or walking.

Between 10:00 and 11:00 last call for alcohol (nothing stays open real late)...Might try a lounge in a larger Hotel for music and drinks...

Just some info.....Others will tell more

California
Level Contributor
36,095 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Many places within walking distance of WBR. Not much nightlife. Kauai closes down early. WBR is right in the middle of a main town. You can even walk across the street to the grocery store, deli (Subway), pharmacy (Longs) and ice cream shop (Coldstones)

By the way I love Scotland. Hope you love Kauai.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Well, you may have to do some driving. And, depends on how important entertainment is to you.

Check out your guidebooks for distances and driections.

Coconut Market Place:

TRADEWINDS: local and visitor mix. Their entetainment varies, so check to see what is happening. We used to drive up there for fun times when the Happy Enchalatas were in full swing.

TREES: We have not been here as it is new, but has good reports, and should be a lot of fun. They had a raggae band last friday night, but we missed it.

Coconut Market Place is a short drive from your resort.

-------------------------------------------------

Other places , but they are a bit further, and drinking and driving at night any long distance, is not a good plan. And hope you are good about driving on the right side of the road.

I would be in a mass of smoke, steam, and bent fenders if I was trying to drive in your homeland.

To ya ladds and lasses

Denny

Denny

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,515 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Trees is fun, although the crowd was considerably younger and "clubbier" than we are. Friday nights they have live music, and the place is hopping. I understand that during the week it's much calmer, a nice place to have drinks and pupus.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Mahalo, Pam

Thanks for the scoops, on Trees,

Perhaps some night when we can head up there, you and ray might be able to join us.

Really great visiting with you and the grand group at the Hyatt.

Denny

Liverpool
Level Contributor
68 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Kauai is quiet on the nightlife front. Im from Liverpool UK and found it really quiet as im used to city life and a busy nightlife. My husband and I stay near the Coconut Market place everytime we go and have a few cocktails in the Hula Girl and then go to Tradewinds which stays open quite late. Some of the hotels have bars but they mostly close early. It took us a while to get into it and wind down to the Kauai way of life but people tend to go to bed early and get up early to make the most of the gorgeous sunshine. Nothing in my eyes is better than pizza and a beer on the beach watching the sunset, there isnt a pub on the planet that can beat that. Kauai is gorgeous, I promise you will not miss out on entertainment.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

There was an earlier post saying that both Tradewinds and Lizard Lounge are closing - don't know when, but I don't think you will be able to count on them being here!

Not much nightlife indeed, but if you drive to the South Shore - Stevenson's Library at the Hyatt has live jazz every evening starting at 8pm -- The Point at the Sheraton has music with a DJ - and Keoki's Paradise (bar) has live music on the weekends.

There is a local night spot (very local) called

Rob's Good Times Grill - I am the opposite of a clubber or nightclub person, but this place is where all my local friends go to dance and party - it is on Rice Street in Lihu'e.

Malama Pono,

Janet

8. Re: Nightlife / Entertainment Help ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 06, 2009