We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which inter-island airline is the best?

vancouver
13 posts
Save Topic
Which inter-island airline is the best?

I am trying to book online flights from Honolulu to Lihue. I am kind of afraid to fly and I had a really bad experience with smaller planes..

(From Toronto to Harrisburg, PA... air canada.. terrible flight)

Which airline has a good safety record and newer planes.

Aloha Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines

Island air

Nashville
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which inter-island airline is the best?

I don't know if they are the best, but they were the cheapest and got us there: Go Airlines

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,661 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which inter-island airline is the best?

I know that ALoha and Hawaiian have big planes (jets). They seem the same to me; I just pick whicherver is more convenient. Don't get the last flight of the day to your destination, just in case.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which inter-island airline is the best?

both Hawaiian and Aloha have been in bankruptcy in recent times. But they fly 737 sized jets. Go! is new, but I think they are flying much smaller planes. Ditto Island Air.

The flight is just 30 min or so. You barely have time to get your seat warm before you are turning to land. If you are a nervous flyer, stay with the bigger planes and then whoever is cheapest.

Southern California
Level Contributor
13,023 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which inter-island airline is the best?

Well, we flew Hawaiian from LAX to HNL and then connect, I like the fact that they now have assigned seating. Don't know if Aloha has this yet or not.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,262 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which inter-island airline is the best?

I have flown Aloha and Hawaiian and prefer Hawaiian. :)

6. Re: Which inter-island airline is the best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 30, 2009