We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

We leave Kauai tomorrow for 5 nights on Ohau, we have had a wonderful time here and I will post a detailed report and post photos when we get home.

I have all the cookies I can carry, I've eaten coconut shrimp, had my first ever Mia Tai at the Happy Talk Bar, tried shaved ice and Ding Dongs.I'm having Haupia Pie tomorrow so it's a good thing there has been a lot of walking during this trip!

My big mission this trip was to swim with a turtle WOW every time we have gone snorkeling we have seen at least one turtle I am a very happy tourist, they seem totally oblivious to the fact I'm there and head straight for me! Hubby has taken lots of videos of me near them and we have some funny shots of me seeming to be chased by a turtle as I desperately back peddle trying not to get to close or touch them LOL

Na Pali Catamaran afternoon cruise was great fantastic light on the coast for photos and of course turtles while snorkeling!

I went to glass beach and you would never know I had been there.

Weather not as hot as I expected but perfect for lots of activity, water really nice and warm.

So good bye to Kauai we had a fantastic time, and I'll tell you all about it when I get home thanks again for all the info.

Cheers Deb.

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

I am thrilled you had such a great time. Now comes the hard part....finding the money to get back as soon as you can.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,974 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

The turtles are Mrs. Shanty's favorite part of Kauai. Hope the Ding Dongs were not the highlight of your trip.LOL Thanks for posting.

Arizona
Level Contributor
130 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

What a fun trip report. Ding dongs ? As in the chocolately round cream filled things ? Good stuff ! My mission is just to SEE a turtle when I am in Kauai in November, I hope I get as lucky as you.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
394 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

sounds like you had a great trip, thanks for sharing! every little sneak peek into other peoples trips gives me a mini-holiday in my mind!

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

<<My mission is just to SEE a turtle when I am in Kauai in November>>

If you want to see turtles, go to the Point at Poipu and walk along the ocean behind the condos - There is a little cove where they hang out and feed all day long - We stay at the Point and I just go down and watch them and get mezmerized (sp) - Plus in Feb I sit there and watch the whales at the same time.

oregon
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

Kauai is magical! LOL at the ding dong mention. I guess if you don't have them in Australia I can understand. No Twinkies?

Calabasas...
Level Contributor
590 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

Glad you had a great time. We will be there in 3 days!!!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

Wonderful to feel your excitement about your visit, and how much fun you had.

Great positive post, and can just see your smiles when encountering the honu.

That photo should bring back all of the happy memories, as well as entertain your land of Oz friends and family.

Have a fun time on Oahu, and when the opportunity arises, please return to holiday on the Garden Island.

Cheers, and Aloha,

Denny

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

That is super exciting!!! I am going soon and I have NEVER seen a turtle in ocean water! Did not see any on Maui.

I am going to have an underwater camera fest, for sure! I can't wait to see your pics.

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: here now part 2...... turtles turtles everywhere

ps If a turtle wants to chase me, I will let him.

If he wants to touch me, I will let him.

Ssssshhhhh. I won't go out of my way to touch one.

I do the right thing.