We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

I went to the Hanalei Farmer's Market a couple months ago (May 11), and there was a stand selling women's dresses - I think they had a stretchy, almost sports bra like top with the Hawaiian print skirt. Does anyone know the person/company who sells these? I've been kicking myself for not buying one while I was there, but haven't had any luck searching for the vendors that sell at the farmers market.

Thank you!

A list of any other vendors that sell there would also be appreciated!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Those types of dresses have been all the rage here for a couple of years....there are many crafters who make them, but the "original" place that started the craze is a store called Nui Fashions, which is located at Anchor Cove shopping area at Nawiliwili.

http://kauaimade.net/listing/nui-fashion/

thegardenisland.com/business/local/local-gir…

I've got about 6 of their dresses/blouses and as you can see, they are a "Kaua'i made" product.....while there are many people who make similar types of these dresses, the ones that I've purchased from crafters have never been quite the quality or fabric quality (their fabric is unique to them) of Nui Fashions.

The most comfortable dresses and tops that I own! I live in them.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 2:33 pm, June 20, 2013
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Here is a video from a competition here on Kaua'i, the girls dancing hula on stage are some of my little hula sisters from Halau Hula 'O Leilani, but they are wearing our halau "uniform", which are dresses from Nui Fashions....you can see the different types of tops they offer with these dresses, spaghetti strap, no strap, or racerback......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXBNKcG11Y

Many of the halau hula (hula schools) here on Kaua'i have used Nui Fashions for their "uniforms" because they are so popular.....

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 4:44 pm, June 20, 2013
Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

Oh those are cute. Are they always at the Hanalei farmer's market?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The ones at the Hanalei Farmers Market are "in the style of" these Nui Fashion dresses....there are lots of crafters here who are making similiar style dresses since they are popular.

Nui Fashions generally doesn't do farmer's markets, altho' I have seen them at the Polynesian Festival, Heiva Kaua'i and we have them at the "crafts fair" at our halau hula's (hula school's) Christmas show and Ho'ike.

Not to say you won't find someone doing a "version" of them at these other places though.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

Aloha from Kaua'i!

There used to be a girl selling these types of dresses (the skirts were cotton however and not the soft material that Nui Fashions uses) at the Anahola Market (the one on the highway)....I'm not sure what days, but she advertises frequently in "Kaua'i Buy and Sell" with these dresses and states she is at that market.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

After reading about Nui fashion, I'd like to buy from her. Sounds like a trip to her shop is in order.

Boston...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

Thank you so much! That is just what I was looking for!

8. Re: Hanalei Farmers Market - help finding a vendor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 23, 2014