We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delays at Hanalei Bridge area - Saturdays for next few weeks

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Delays at Hanalei Bridge area - Saturdays for next few weeks

Aloha from Kaua'i!

This is a traffic advisory from the County of Kaua'i that I received:

NOTICE TO MOTORISTS: Traffic delays near Hanalei Bridge on Saturdays Oct. 20-Nov. 17

Traffic delays will take place on Kuhio Highway adjacent to Hanalei Bridge on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from Oct. 20 through Nov. 17 while crews work extra hours in the hopes they can complete slope stabilization work by Thanksgiving.

Motorists are advised to expect slow-downs of up 30 minutes. Please exercise caution while driving through the area and allow extra time to reach your destination.

The Department of Transportation and all construction workers extend a sincere mahalo for your understanding while they continue to make Kauai’s roads better for all of us. For more information, please contact the Department of Transportation, (808) 241-3000.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Rodeo, ca
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Delays at Hanalei Bridge area - Saturdays for next few weeks

what happens Nov. 6?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Delays at Hanalei Bridge area - Saturdays for next few weeks

many of those politicians responsible for making the roads smooth are up for re-election.........I'm a bit cynical in my belief that they are rushing to get their homework done before the grades are given out.

Traffic is a real pig all over lately. Lots of delays for the road works projects

1) Hanamaulu to the Airport -- one lane at times with 10-15 min delays.

2) New work starting near Wailua Shell for the bike path extension. Not sure how much delay for this one yet.

3) Various sewer and water projects from the Kawaihau road junction with Kuhio to one in Kapaa (seems to be done finally) to down by Nawiliwili and those are just the ones I know about.

4) Cutting back the mountain by the Hanalei river bridge -- can be 10 min or so when it's busy.

The big project in Lihue by the mall out to Puhi seems to be just about done though. It's a bit too mainland looking with all the lanes, but traffic sure seems to be moving better.

I'm sure there are others.

13. Re: Delays at Hanalei Bridge area - Saturdays for next few weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 31, 2013