We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

SInce you've all been so helpful with rental accommodation recommendations, I thought I'd ask for a romantic restaurant recommendation in Hanalei where we can celebrate our tenth anniversary with a special dinner.

BTW, we ended up renting a condo in Princeville. Next time we journey to Kauai, we will reserve a long time in advance in the hopes of getting a rental in Hanalei.

Thank you!!!

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
800 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

Glad you were successful finding a rental. I stay in Princeville more than anywhere else. Our favorite restaurant in Hanelei is, without a doubt, Bar Acuda. In fact it is one of our favorites on the island. We love sitting outside and watching Hanelei night life. However, it is a tapas restaurant and , although every dish is wonderful, It may not be the traditional type of dinner you are seeking. I am curious to see what the locals recommend as Hanelei dining is pretty casual, I expect some will suggest the Mediterrean Gourmet in Haena which is quite popular. You can explore the menus for both online. The South Shore offers more choices for a romantic dinner but it is a long drive for dinner if staying in Princeville,

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

Ginger,

Which complex did you decide on? Just curious.

I'm one of those huge fans of The Mediterranean Gourmet in Haena. Go for an early dinner and request a private booth. The owners are amazing and the food is fabulous! We'll be at HCR tomorrow night and we have reservations for Friday. We love this place. BTW, they have a really nice, small intimate luau on Tuesdays. The restaurant is closed that night for regular diners. Wednesday is 1/2 price on wine! You may run into Pierce though I hear he likes Bar Acuda as well....

Marti

Edited: 8:01 pm, June 13, 2012
California
Level Contributor
9,217 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

I love both restaurants mentioned, but of the two I'd say Med. Gourmet is the more romantic. Have you considered Kauai Grill at the St. Regis? It's expensive, but the views can't be beat, and the food has always been excellent.

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

Here's another vote for the Mediterranean Gourmet.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,459 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

Med Gourmet! Great food and love the view of the waves.

California
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

Most romantic? Kauai Grill or Makana Terrace. Best food? BarAcuda and Med Gourmet. If you make a reservation too late for Med Gourmet you can't see a thing. It is an older establishment and doesn't have the wow factor that Kauai Grill has, but its a place I always go to while on the island because its a nice place with good food. Kauai Grill is $$$$$ and Med Gourmet is $$$$. If you choose KG, order the side of mashed potatoes. Oh yum!!!

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

I used to like Postcards for a romantic dinner. It's been a few years since I had dinner there, so I don't know how much things have changed. But back then, the food was good, and the atmosphere was romantic and quiet. The table I liked best was on the lanai (the building is a converted house).

California
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

Did you bring bug spray photodave?

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
911 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

Most Romantic, Kauai Grill For sure IMO, get a Window seat at Sunset a glass of wine and look out, the romance will be rolling off of you, as said earlier, not the best food in the area but given the view and ambiance, I feel its the choice to go with, and do get the mashed potatoes as well

10. Re: Hanalie Romantic Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, June 20, 2013