We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

I am hoping someone can give me a tip on a 3 bedroom rental in the town of Hanalei, (or just outside- walking distance to the bay is key.) I would like a pretty nice place, preferably a nice yard and view that is truly quiet- away from public gathering spots, busy streets, parking lots, restaurants etc... I don't need extreme privacy, but definitely looking for restful nights. Any tips on a place that is somehow sheltered from roosters would be particularly appreciated. Max budget of $800 per night.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

This house is one I've had my eye on for awhile. It was in the movie The Descendants. There is also a sister house next door if this one is not available. Cannot beat the location!

www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-cottages/nalub/

www.parrishkauai.com/kauai-cottages/panio/

Edited: 1:58 pm, April 30, 2012
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,396 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

When are you coming? I generally use www.vrbo.com to look for places, though I can't imagine any place on Kauai being totally free of chickens. :)

Cedarville, Ohio
Level Contributor
588 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

Can't go wrong with Parrish...contact them, they know their properties well because they are "on island". They can set you up with what you need. 800 a night should be possible without a pool or beachfront/oceanfront. We always use them.AAAAA. I am a light sleeper that is bothered by of all things ....waves!!! But honestly the chickens don't bug me- surprise!!

California
Level Contributor
9,748 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

Take a look at Ka Nani O Wai'oli at www.beachkauai.com

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

April. I have raked through all the sites mentioned above, and have a short list, but I was wondering if a noise-sensitive traveller had good luck in Hanalei. Nalu is interesting to me, but I'm pretty sure we'd have roosters right out the window, no?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,616 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

No place on Kaua ‘i is immune to wandering roosters, doesn't matter whether the rent is $100.00 a night or $1000.00.......but I doubt a rooster is going to camp out permanently under your window, lol.......is the sound of the ocean going to bother you?

3Chihuahuas

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

Roosters tend to hang out where they can eat. We've stayed in several houses on Baby's Beach in Poipu and there are zero roosters in this area. I do not know about Nalu Beach Cottage but I would bet that they are not in this area. Call Parrish and talk to the gals in the Princeville office. You can also read the reviews of these properties.

8. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:49 am, May 01, 2012
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

Thanks for the responses. If anyone has any specific rental info they'd like to share here or in my inbox, please do! I have probably looked at every available listing in Hanalei, and at this point I"m curious about places people have stayed themselves and how quiet (or not) the place felt. NamiNori anyone?

I know roosters are everyhwere, but different house configurations make a difference, and it seems like right on the beach is sometime the most roostery. We never heard them at all at Poipu Kai and we had the windows open the whole time.

Thanks again!

10. Re: quiet 3 bedroom rental in Hanelei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:56 am, May 01, 2012