We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

I have just learned that there is a new wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort. I am having a wedding there later this year and though I was confident in the old coordinator (Nancy) from research I did on the internet I don't know anything about the new one (Bree). If there is anyone out there who has any information I would appreciate it. We are spending a lot of money and have great expectations for a wonderful trip and now I am a little nervous.

California
Level Contributor
35,241 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

Do you have to use that coordinator?

Toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

Yes, I want to get married at their location as many of my guests are staying there. I have also made deposits that aren't refundable.

California
Level Contributor
35,241 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

Private message Hula4me. She is a DE but doesn't check the threads as much lately. Must be busy with weddings as she's an officiant. See if she knows Bree. I didn't think you had to use the coordinator at HCR. I know at HBR you can use any coordinator and they coordinate with the girl in charge of weddings at the resort. Maybe I assumed they all worked that way.

To PM just find hula4me's name under the list of destination experts and click it on.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

Aloha from Seattle - I'm on vacation and so have not been checking the threads much.

I've done lots of weddings for folks staying at Hanalei Colony Resort, but since my couples are usually the "do it yourself" types, they rarely hire the coordinator, so I didn't have the pleasure of working with Nancy - or the newer one Bree.

I haven't heard anything negative about either and would assume that you'll be in good hands. There's really not a lot that could go wrong - it's such a small island, there are only so many vendors and options, so you will likely get pretty much what the previous coordinator would have set up. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Hi
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

Aloha!

I would recommend that you have call Bree and have her re-cap all of your details that you had made with Nancy. You want to be sure that she is up to speed on everything. Your only concern is how well your info was transferred. First just ask her "What information do you have on file for my event."

If there is anything missing let her know.

Be sure that your vendors are confirmed, flowers as requested, etc.

Of course if you are having the reception there go over the menu, seating and time line, centerpieces etc. You don't have to start all over again or worry!

Other than that I am sure that you'll have a great time and that if you have a nice conversation with her it will set your mind at ease!

Hi
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

sorry for the weird wording!

remove ~have~ from the first sentence!

HI
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

Aloha,

I have had the pleasure of working with Bree on numerous weddings since she began at Hanalei Colony Resort. She is prompt, very friendly, efficient and professional. As a photographer, she makes my work easier as she guarantees that things are on time, and that the B&G are relieved of stress, and that makes for better photos for the couple!!

8. Re: New wedding coordinator at Hanalei Colony Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, June 05, 2010