We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei rentals - anyone stayed here?

Which Hanalei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mill valley, ca
6 posts
Save Topic
Hanalei rentals - anyone stayed here?

Hanalei locals and insiders! I am narrowing down my list of rentals for this summer and am curious if anyone can give me any feedback on these houses. Hanalei Hideaway (5319 Weke), Kuuipo house (5175 Weke), and Hale Tetahi (5134 A'awa - sorry I know I am misspelling that). Is A'awa Rd noisy? How are the Weke Rd locations? Thanks for the input!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei rentals - anyone stayed here?

I haven't stayed at any of the ones you've mentioned, but I've rented houses on Weke numerous times without any problems with noise, traffic, etc.

If access to Hanalei Bay is important to you, you may want to ask the rental agent how far the nearest access path is. We rented a house almost directly across the street from Hanalei Bay, and it took us less than 2 minutes to go from the house to the beach.

We love Hanalei and usually rent there, so you'll have a great time there this summer. Aloha!

Vancouver, BC
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei rentals - anyone stayed here?

I styed at Hale Tatahi for 10 days in April 10 days in Hanalei. It was fantastic and just what we were looking for (we are 2 couples in our late 20s/early 30s).

The house was huge and we loved the high vaulted ceilings and view of the mountains. The location was also great - less than 5 min walk to the village and to the beach. Not noisy at all, it's on a cul de sac so no traffic driving by. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed, including a prefessional style blender great for making cocktails! There was also laundry which was an added bonus.

The house was a bit dated and rustic, as was described on the website we booked through (www.kauaivacationrentals.com/static/441.html), however we were not expeting a five star resort and actaully prefer a more natural, rustic type of place.

I would definitely recommend staying there and we will be going back again next year.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalei rentals - anyone stayed here?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Weke Road is the road the runs directly behind Hanalei Bay - there are many vacation rentals on this road and access to the beach area is easy from just about anywhere on Weke Rd. - while it is a somewhat busy street since it is the only access road directly to the Hanalei Bay pier and pavilion areas - I don't think you'd have any noise issues.

It is a pretty easy walk from anywhere here as well to Hanalei town and the shops and restaurants there.

A'awa Rd. is not noisy either - it is another access road to Weke Rd. area - but still an easy walk to the beach area.

Malama Pono,

Janet

kauai
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalei rentals - anyone stayed here?

weke road is a true slice of heaven. As is all of Hanalei. you truly cannot go wrong. weke road properties are the best location in my opinion as it fronts Hanalei bay. However I would go with whichever property had the best price, as it is just silly to pay more money when it is all soooo good! after you go there, you will know exactly what I mean! you can't go wrong no matter what. you will never find another spot on this earth as lovely as Hanalei.

5. Re: Hanalei rentals - anyone stayed here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, October 04, 2009