We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool locally-owned places on Kauai

Seattle
2 posts
Save Topic
Cool locally-owned places on Kauai

I'm planning a research mission / vacation to Hanalei (and Kauai in general) this month, and I'm hoping to get some recommendations for cool places to visit.

We run the t-shirt company Desteenation Shirt Co. (http://www.desteenation.com), and our mission is to collect and sell t-shirts from some of the coolest, locally-owned (and loved!) places on the West Coast and in Hawaii. It's not a necessity that the establishment already have a t-shirt for sale, although it helps. Mainly, we're looking for places the locals love as much as the tourists do, and our goal is to promote these mom and pop gems through our stores and on the backs of their fans.

Anyone have some recommendations for places we should visit in Hanalei and Kauai as a whole?

BTW- I am not posting this as an advertisement for our business. I am legitimately looking for advice and local expertise. Thank you.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Cool locally-owned places on Kauai

I'd think you could make a pretty cool shave ice T-shirt that would be popular. "Jo Jo's" and "Wishing Well" also have catchy names.

San Francisco
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Cool locally-owned places on Kauai

The funniest one I saw was at the Oahu Swap Meet. It read:

"King Kamehameha: Homeland Security: Fighting Terrorism since the 1800's"

cng

NoCal
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Cool locally-owned places on Kauai

Waipouli Deli and Restaurant has a limited selection of Ts, but you can grab the best "local" style cooking while you're there. Great adobo and Loco Moco.

14. Re: Cool locally-owned places on Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, September 08, 2009