We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Makai Cottages

California
Level Contributor
39,749 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Hale Makai Cottages

Since I haven't stayed here, I thought I would just post my thoughts on the forum vs under reviews as I just got back from spending the morning at a friend's cottage at Hale Makai on the North Shore.

They are adorable!!! I can really see a honeymoon couple, or small family staying here. These cluster of small cottages sits right on the (windy) beach and just one house down from Mediterrean Gourment Restaurant. ( I recommended to my friends they have dinner there last night and they were quite impressed)

The cottage I got to go into is a mountain view 2 bedroom. Very private for 2 couples with a lovely covered porch overlooking the garden and mountains. Big garden too. We heard this cottage will be closed down for awhile so they can do some remodeling. Because of the closeness to the water I can see some rotting of the lanai but new bathrooms and very nicely done. Each cottage has an outdoor shower, theres a laundry facility on site and such a nice private beach. The front cottage (another 2 bedroom) would be my choice to stay. I was really impressed with this place and can now fully recommend them for those seeking a nice small place right on the beach in Haena.

ps (no a/c and it WAS hot inside)

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hale Makai Cottages

So, DID you hear the helicopters going over? I've always thought it would be lovely there!

California
Level Contributor
39,749 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale Makai Cottages

Nope! I saw one but didn't hear anything and I was outside on the beach for over an hour. All I could hear was the roar of the ocean!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,317 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hale Makai Cottages

I love this location! And we've never had any problems with helicopters while staying there. I think the two bedroom cottages at Hale Makai are a great choice for two couples that would like their own full bedroom. We've considered staying here ourselves.

California
Level Contributor
39,749 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hale Makai Cottages

Only one bedroom is a good size. The second bedroom I saw was a bit small. Yes its fine for two couples but someone will have to draw straws. The master bath I saw in the front cottage had a gorgeous shower. Very nicely done.

5. Re: Hale Makai Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 26, 2012