We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko'olau and Pi'ilani of Kalalau Valley

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Ko'olau and Pi'ilani of Kalalau Valley

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Chris Faye, the curator at the Kaua'i Museum has been doing a series of historical stories for the paper to celebrate the Kaua'i Museum's 50th anniversary.

I found today's particularly interesting and thought maybe some other folks would too - the story of Ko'olau the leper of Kalalau Valley is a famous one and told in mele (songs) and stories - since it is a true story, it is just that much more interesting!

Apologies if this doesn't seem "travel related", but I think it does to people who are interested in Kaua'i.

Enjoy!

thegardenisland.com/news/local/article_454d1…

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
39,739 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko'olau and Pi'ilani of Kalalau Valley

I think a visit to the Kauai is a must do activity at least once. The history of this island is so fasinating and to really know Kauai you need to know its history. Thank you for the link.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko'olau and Pi'ilani of Kalalau Valley

Aloha from Kaua'i!

"Jebett" - had your kope yet this am.? lol

I too think a visit to the "Kaua'i" is a must do - especially if you are already here for heck's sake - ha ha! Let's just revise that to "Kaua'i Museum" and I'll suggest another shot of the kope for you girl!

Too funny, you - although I realize that 99.99999% of readers could've figured that one out anywho!

See you laters!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko'olau and Pi'ilani of Kalalau Valley

It is VERY travel related and thank you for posting it. Every trip to Kauai deserves a visit to the museum. There's always something new happening there.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
4. Re: Ko'olau and Pi'ilani of Kalalau Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 25, 2011