We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

Yes, I will post a review in the review section. But I wanted to also let everyone know we had a fabulous dinner at Med. Gourmet last night. Wonderful service, ocean front table, great dinner and it a reasonable price. We loved our dinner so much last night that we came back for lunch today after our surf lessons.

California
Level Contributor
35,536 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

I didn't expect anything less!!!! :-)

I do not find MG "reasonable" though. I think some of their entrees are quite pricey but in line with other nicer restaurants. For instance you don't get a salad with the entree so if you order a salad it can really add up. I just don't want people to go to MG and see $25-35 an entree and be surprised.

Here is their dinner menu for instance.

www.kauaimedgourmet.com/menu-dinner.htm

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

We like the MG......only had dinner there one time with Erica's sis and hubby.

It was resort priced, but it was a special dinner out with special people.

But, we have stopped there several times for a late lunch after hiking, or snorkeling.....

I generally order Gyro, and one of those puppies was like a meal, for me. We would just sit up at the bar, and talk story. Mighty tasty and filling.

The owner, and the servers would come by and say hello, and we also could visit with the bartender.

Very easy going , friendly, and pleasant. The other guests, were at view tables.

Lunches for us, are more reasonable, and actually when traveling most places, we eat a late lunch, that takes care of dinner. Even at home we do not eat late dinners.

And, usually we have a pretty good appetite after our day of outdoor adventures....not to mention a wee bit of a thirst, and the MG is sitting in a perfect location.

Marti, how did the surfing lessons go......?? Could you post a seperate thread on your experience.

Denny

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

Martik,

Thanks for posting, glad you are having fun. Aren’t you staying at the Marriot? If so, isn't that quite a drive after dinner? How long was the drive? I’m always so impressed with all of you who do so much driving. I always try to stay close to where I am staying.

Jebett, That’s quite a menu and yes, very expensive. I've always gone there for lunch. It’s just as delicious, but a lot more reasonable.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

We keep saying we are going to go there, and somehow run out of time or willingness to drive that far north I guess. Denny answered my question -- are they open for lunch? Maybe lunch would work since it is a loooong drive back to Poipu after dinner.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

We only paid $190 + tip for 5 of us, including appetizers and dessert. We spent the night at HCR because we hiked Kalalau on Friday and had surf lessons at Hanalei Bay on Saturday. NO, we are not staying at the Marriott (sorry, too much of a zoo this time of year). We are at Nihi Kai and it's wonderful! I agree that it's a long drive up there for dinner. We often make a point to go for a late lunch after exploring the north shore.

Edited: 4:23 pm, August 15, 2010
Bristow, Virginia
Level Contributor
46 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

We ate lunch there a couple of week's ago after hiking the Okolehao Trail. I had the Kafta and my SO had a grilled catch of the day sandwich (ono) with a greek salad. I had passionfruit iced tea and he had a couple of Coronas. At the end he talked me into the coconut baklava.

All the food was really good and the service was attentive. I think the total bill came in around $50.

I probably wouldn't have the coconut baklava again, but I'd definitely try the bread pudding that was on the menu.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

My kind of gal, Martik. We'll drive back and forth from Poipu to the north shore for a good reason. We've done the drive 3 days in a row.

Well now that I know MG has gyros and baklava that means another trip to the north shore.

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

Hukilau, Beach House et al should be glad Med Gourmet is a stretch for most. Might have to ratchet up a notch. You'd see their luau mentioned as number one in place of Smith's, but size difference would be difficult to overcome.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

We had the Coconut Baklava and the Bread Pudding. Both were fabulous! For lunch, I had the Gyros wrap... excellent. We thought about going to the luau tomorrow night but they are sold out. Maybe next year!

New York, New York
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another fabulous dinner and lunch at Mediterranean Gouemet

Martik, We were told last week that they were sold out but Deana offered us seats at the bar for a 20% discount. It was a great time.